X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a friggin liar.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I have heard the performance goes up, if you stop the day/night cycle (= Having it to be 'day' all the time)... have you tried that?
      Nighttime irritated me so I turned it off about five minutes into my first city. I've only ever turned it back on to take screenshots.

I've played it a few times since, but only with the small town zones. I can fill those up and not have any real slow downs, though playing fire department dispatcher REALLY gets old.
      By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

You might want to read this thread:

It's about the discussion some people had with Maxis, about the future of SimCity 4...
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

its ok.. just kinda boreing for me.. i keep wanting to build tanks and invade my neighbors which in turn drags me back to playing civ..
          I spend most my money on Wine, Women and Song.. the rest i just waste.

Comment

You get a lot of fires? I've had no problems since getting fire coverage up. Smoke detector ordinance seems to make a big difference, especially if you can't afford 100% cover.
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

I voted its ok. It's no fun for me though just because I can't get started. I start out ok, then I run out of money

The graphics are very good though I thought....you can even zoom in far enough to see the oranges on the orange trees! (that impressed me )
              RGO
              6-23-18
              5-2-02

Comment

It's one of the most boring games I've ever had the misfortune to play.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I am sure I am not buying this game. It is just more of the same, with improved graphics, weather model, and a little more difficult. Nothing really new. SO I am not buying it.
                  Donate to the American Red Cross.
                  Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Nothing really new? If you have read just one review, you'll see everything is new... it's not just some improved graphics. The gameplay has changed a lot also... and it's not just a little more diffecult, it's a lot more diffecult...

Asher >> Let me guess: You didn't like any previously SimCity games, did you?

Jahi >> If you're a warmonger, then why buy a peaceful game?

Comment

Of corse there is a lot of new stuff, but it is still the basic game under it all, and I know it will not give me that much enjoyment. If I can find a store were i can return the game if I dont like it maybe i will buy it and try it out, but i dont think that will happen.
                      Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Of course it's still the basic game under. If Maxis changed the game into a wargame, it's not a SimCity game... what did you expect?

Comment

I posted a complain thread in Simcity4.com BBS and it gotten deleted

My system is a P700 128RAM and getting headaches all the time
                          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                            Of course it's still the basic game under. If Maxis changed the game into a wargame, it's not a SimCity game... what did you expect?
                            I did not expect them to change it. I am just kind of sick of Sim City games that is all. You are not so you like it and new stuff is enough for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                              Asher >> Let me guess: You didn't like any previously SimCity games, did you?
                              Loved SimCity Classic.
                              2K, 3K, and 4 are all very
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

One thing to notice: Simcity4 music rulz
                                I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                                X