Have fun - play with us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have fun - play with us!

Want to try the free MP demo version of Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Spearhead? Want to play it against other Apolytoners? Now you have your chance!

The temporary test server by Rasbelin will kick of tomorrow and you can expect plenty of fun then as all players will be Apolytoners like you. However, this is just a test drive as the actual organised event will be in a few months time on the actual server. This will simply be a test drive of the configuration in a smaller scale.

Right now we already have 3 players awaiting for the testing; Rasbelin, DBTS and Lemmy, so there's still space left as the temporary server will have 6-8 player slots for now.

If you're interested, please leave a note. The game will be tomorrow at around 7 PM GMT (2 PM EST) and it can be several times, depending on how the participants agree about it. I already have to warn that you shouldn't expect any low pings, but that's not the essense as it's just for fun.

What do you need to do in order to be ready to play?

1. Check that your PC meets the system requirements.

# Windows XP/Me/98/95 (Windows 2000 and Windows NT are NOTsupported)
    # 450 MHz Intel Pentium II or 500 MHz AMD Athlon processor
    # 128 MB RAM
    # 8x CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive
    # 135 MB free hard disk space (additional space required for Windows swap-file, DirectX 8.0 installation and GameSpy installation).
    # 16 MB OpenGL capable video card using an Nvidia GeForce3, Nvidia GeForce2, Nvidia GeForce 256, Nvidia Riva TNT2, Nvidia Riva TNT, ATI Radeon, ATI Rage 128 Pro, ATI Rage 128, PowerVR3 Kyro II, or PowerVR Kyro chipset with OpenGL and DirectX 8.0 compatible driver
    # DirectX 8.0 compatible sound card
    # Keyboard; Mouse

2. Download the MoH:AA SH MP demo (149 Mb).

3. Download the 384 kb large patch (it's necessary in order to prevent the server from crashing because of a serious bug).

4. Set the settings for the hardware and configure your keys and MP settings.

Done!

If you need help or have questions, please ask. The participants will get the details by PM.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Re: Have fun - play with us!

Originally posted by Rasbelin
    If you're interested, please leave a note. The game will be tomorrow at around 7 PM GMT (2 PM EST) and it can be several times, depending on how the participants agree about it.
    Does it have to be exactly during my multivariable calculus lecture? I would have joined if you did that an hour or two earlier. (Or five hours later, for that matter, but I don't suppose that would be good for you all in Europe)
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Comment

No problem at all. I have to move the game to Friday anyway as I noticed that there's some StP related issues needed to be fixed and I'm far too busy tomorrow. I need to read several hundred pages of general 19th and 20th century history, so Friday or the weekend will be better.

New date and time set

As you saw above, I simply have to move the first game session to some later time as I'm actually abit too busy Mondays to Thursdays. So I suggest that the first game would be at Friday or during the weekend. Maybe evening time European time. Come forward with some good times, but I guess we simply get started as we see on IRC who's present or not.
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I might be in. I may have problems with the specs though because I'm on the low end of those (meaning I can probably play the game, but I may be slow as a mother).

BTW, what is European evening time in EST or CST.
        I never know their names, But i smile just the same
        New faces...Strange places,
        Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
        -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

European evening time (if GMT) ~ 12 AM to 5 PM EST. That would be 5-10 PM GMT.

You can try the time conversion tools at the time and date.com website, if you feel dizzy about the conversions.

Comment

I don't think there are enough FPS players here to have a server dedicated to Apolyton.

Is this your own standalone server Rasbey?

Comment

Indeed, but the idea wasn't to have a gathering of hardcore FPS players. It's more like fun among Apolytoners. And as Lemmy said, any strategy game would take more time and it's so usual here.

The test server will run on a PC that I own and administrate, while the actual event would be held on a more appropriate server later on.

Comment

I've played MOH; Battlefield 1942 is better.

Comment

BF1942 might be better because of the vehicles and much larger maps, but the weapon modelling and details aren't that good. Anyway, you would have to count me out then as server host, because it requires too much bandwith and server capacity, and I can't promise a server later either.

Comment

ah i got exam on friday !!
                    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

We could play on Saturday, if that's better. Plus I assume you have the exam in daytime as you live in Belgium.

Comment

If you play on saturday, I'm in.
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Can you set up the server from say EST 11 pm to GMT 12PM? Maybe while we're there we decide to go again in the afternoon or some other time?
                          We could still have one on Saturday too.

Personally wrt time, I'm cool with staying up late, but I'd probably leave sometime around 2-3 EST unless it's so incredibly fun I can't miss out.
                          I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                          New faces...Strange places,
                          Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                          -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

JW,

nice.

Mac,

I'll keep the server running, so don't worry. I accept the suggestion.

Comment

So, what time on saturday are playing then?
                              XBox Live: VovanSim
                              xbox.com (login required)
                              Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                              Spore page

Comment

Working...
                              X