• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halo kicks ass

That's all I have to say about that.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Yes.

What's even more amazing is the game itself was coded in just 12 months. It was in development technically for about 3-4 years, but in November 2000 all the existing code was scrapped and design changes made, then they worked on Alpha and Beta developer kits for the Xbox and got it out in time for launch.

It was an extremely rushed game but it doesn't look like it.

Halo 2 is going to be awesome.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

And the best thing about Halo 2.... The Master Chief will actually be able to run more than 2 mph!!! YAY! I love Halo but for how tough the Chief is goddamn is he slow.

I heard something about downloadable content to make Halo work with Xbox live coming soon. Has anyone else heard anything about this or am I nuts? You can already play Halo over the internet using Gamespy so it makes sense that Microsoft would make is Live compatible.
      "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Xbox Live wasn't even close to being ready when Halo was made, there are no "hooks" or anything inside to make downloadable content possible.

Halo 2 will be coming out in "Fall/Winter 2003" (probably around November) and will have full support for Live too.

They're finally making an all-out multiplayer game for it like they originally intended.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

i've never played halo - what's so great about it? is it like doom/serious sam?
          Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Well, DOOM was great for its time since it was rather innovative.

But they aren't even in the same league.

Halo's just a great game all around. The only downside is the later levels offer a lot of repetition since they were really pressed for time to make the launch date, but it's fun so it's good repetition.

It's stuff like you can only have two weapons at a time, so you could drop a gun and pick up another one from the alien you just shot, you could hop into a variety of vehicles seamlessly in the game like a Warthog (dunebuggy) and man the turret in the back, little airplane type things, "ghosts" (kinda like a snowmobile I guess?), etc. Plus the AI is pretty incredible, especially on the Legendary setting, the plot was great, the graphics (which are hardly pushing the capabilities of the Xbox) are great, the sound is great, etc.

It's just an all-around quality game.

Comment

And soon enough, the PC port will be out, and it will be an even better game.

Comment

And right after that, Halo 2 will be out.

Even better.

Comment

The big question is whether Halo for the PC will have a map editor and good multiplayer support. If it doesn't it will most likely be passed up because most people have already played and beat it on someone elses Xbox.

Comment

The multiplayer is supposedly whats taking so long. Since the Xbox halo came out before Live, all its multiplayer code is designed for no lag "lan" play, with all players on the one xbox or directly linked. Since this obviosuly won't work for the pc. . . it required a major rework.

A lot of the engine was also designed when the xbox was in development, so the coding was rather rough in places (supposedly). Which is why the game is taking so darn long to get ported. Even moo3 will probably be out before we see halo. . .

And yes, Halo does kick ass.

EDIT: why is the happy smiley a kitty?
                    Last edited by Kc7mxo; January 11, 2003, 02:13.
                    By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

The reason it's taking so long is politics.

Development on the port wasn't started until about 8 months after it had already been out on the PC, and a lot of it requires major rewrites to be on the PC. The only reason a PC version is coming at all is a Halo PC/Mac port was a condition of MS' buyout of Bungie.

Supposedly they're adding a lot to the multiplayer aspect too.

The timing is quite strategic, though: It'll come out just months before Halo 2 comes out on the Xbox.

It'll introduce a lot of PC gamers to Halo, and if they want to play more Halo they're going to need to get Halo 2 on the Xbox (there's no provision forcing a Halo 2 PC port anymore)

Comment

Originally posted by BustaMike
                        And the best thing about Halo 2.... The Master Chief will actually be able to run more than 2 mph!!! YAY!
                        gimme Serious Sam any day! balls out, kick ass fun!

Comment

"aaaaaaugh yourself!"
                          By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

One of the things I really like about Halo is the music. It isn't always playing but it gets me pumped when it starts up. Very good AI also.

Comment

Yeah, I've got the halo sountrack on my puter, some very nice tunes there.

Comment

Working...
                              X