Dungeon Siege, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dungeon Siege, anyone?

I recently got this game and I'm having a blast with it... it's been incredibly fun to play, with wonderful graphics and frantic battles...

Now, I know that it doesn't have much of a story (almost none) and its "classes-on-the-go" system does not appeal to radical RPGers... some even consider it a "dumbed-down" RPG, but I think they missed the point. DS was made to be an action RPG, much like Diablo, but better. I enjoy its streamlined interface, the lovely pack mule, the easily accessible formation commands, and the screams of the krugs when they die.

Does anyone here play DS, or like it?
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

i have tried it...but didn't really like it much, seems i am not a big fan of rpg...which is odd, cuz i like that sort of stuff.... but the games havn't grabbed me yet..
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

RPGs mystify me. what is so fun about walking around and killing a bunch of monsters?

if i wanted to do that, i would play a FPS, which have much better graphics (and more powerful weapons)...

Comment

Originally posted by jdd2007
        RPGs mystify me. what is so fun about walking around and killing a bunch of monsters?
        Well, that's not what real RPGs are - I'd sooner call those types of games action games.

Just because it's got stats and levels it gets classified as an RPG? I'll never fathom how that trend could of begun.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Its an advanced Gauntlet game, not an RPG, but I think we've had this conversation before

I thought it was a lot of fun for a while. Eventually Iplayed through to the final? stage but by then I was so bored of the repetitive and incessant killing that I couldn't be bothered to finish it.
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
          X