Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

This RPG, set 4000 years before the films, looks quite cool. The character development looks especially interesting, with multiple lightsabre styles and force techniques. It's also possible to turn to the Dark Side by being evil, and you can then use their techniques like force lighting and force choke.

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/

Having said that, games often fail to live up to the hype, especially when they're touted on the Other Games forum.
    Thoughts, anyone?

Bioware's doing it, and MS gave them a ton of money to aid development and securing console exclusivity to Xbox, so I think it'll go well.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

After seeing the c*** LucasArts has been making for the past year or two... I think they should give up. Instead of taking time to make quality games, they let some other company do it for them, and you can tell Quality Control is shot to hell.

I seriously hope this one flops hard, and make LEC to WAKE UP!
      I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

WTF? All LucasArts is just producing it.

Bioware is the one developing it, so I certainly don't hope it flops hard...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Bioware lost much of its popularity after NWN.

If KotOR sucks, then Bioware will probably loose the rest. As history has shown, RPG fans don't give developers many chances.
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

NWN got great reviews and sold very well, why did they lose popularity?

Their worst games were MDK1 and 2.

Comment

always hope for the best prepare for the worst....so many games are like this , Public Enemy said it best...

"dont believe the hype"
              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                WTF? All LucasArts is just producing it.

Bioware is the one developing it, so I certainly don't hope it flops hard...

My exact reason why I hope it sucks. LEC are letting other companies ruin their games and they are just sitting being lazy. Now I know why the guy who made X-Wing and TIE Fighter left.
                I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

That SS looks more like a FPS than a RPG. Not a stat bar in sight

NWN did exactly what it said on the tin - made realtime multiplayer AD&D a possibility. Now what they need is a quality team to make a really hot 1PG scenario for it as well as introducing a bumper pack of new monsters, skills, feats and spells.
                  To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                  H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn05
                    My exact reason why I hope it sucks. LEC are letting other companies ruin their games and they are just sitting being lazy. Now I know why the guy who made X-Wing and TIE Fighter left.
                    Did it ever occur to you that they have a limited amount of people and are making other games?

They're a developer AND a publisher. Sometimes they develop, sometimes they publish...

Comment

IIRC Bioware is going to release 2 expansions for NWN.
                      The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Did it ever occur to you that they have a limited amount of people and are making other games?

They're a developer AND a publisher. Sometimes they develop, sometimes they publish...

Did it ever occur to you that when they started letting people go, the quality of the games dropped.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned LucasArts has never developed a good game in their entire history.

I'm glad they got someone with a pedigree to develop KOTOR rather than butchering it themselves.

Comment

NWN got great reviews and sold very well, why did they lose popularity?

Their worst games were MDK1 and 2.
                            Many, many people were disappoined with NWN. It also failed to bring over some of the more well-known IE fans, such as those of Team BG.
                            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                              Many, many people were disappoined with NWN.
                              I must be living on a different planet because everyone I know has had the opposite reaction.

Are you talking about the hardcore losers who whine whenever something changes with a game?

"This is nothing like Baldur's Gate, this SUCKS" etc?

Comment

Working...
                              X