Thief 1 & Thief 2 are back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thief 1 & Thief 2 are back!

Eidos is selling the Thief PC Platinum Collection, which contains both Thief 1 and Thief 2.

I spotted two today in the same computer store where, last year, I bought their last beat-up copy of Thief 2. And I just checked out the Eidos website, and the Thief PC Platinum Collection is for sale there as well. It's priced at USD 19.99.

Bastards, they only included TDP and Thief 2, not Thief Gold.
    Thief Gold is an elusive bugger.

Still, Thief Platinum is excellent value for those who haven't had the pleasure of being a thief.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

If you liked Theif, be sure to try System Shock 2.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

stupid, why don't they include thief gold...i've completed thief1 already...!!
        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

I'll agree with The Mad Monk on SS2 as well. Very good game. Completing the collection is Deus Ex, which can be played stealthily or with guns blazing.

I still haven't been able to find Thief Gold anywhere, and want to. Its exactly the same as TDP (Thief 1), but has more missions.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

They really didn't include Thief Gold in the platinum version??

Dumb.

Comment

The extra missions in Thief Gold weren't that great. I found they really interrupted the entire flow of the game.
              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Interesting.

Comment

Well, the enhanced (lol) graphics in the gold version were quaint, but I didn't find the extra missions to be interupting. In fact, weren't a couple of the extra missions having to deal with those missing stones for the cathedral? Something that gets passed over in TDP?

Comment

IIRC there were four "collect the stones" missions in Gold, and only two in TDP -- each TDP stone-collecting mission had you getting two stones.

I thought that the new missions in Gold were great -- more humans to blackjack (and ain't that what being a thief is all about?). Zombies and Hammer Haunts are fine, but that damned "Get the eye from the cathedral" mission wasn't a job for a thief, it was a job for a friggin army. Stealing != Laying Waste.
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

It would be nice in that mission if you could decently prepare for it. I mean, how hard would it be to get a couple of dozen more water arrows?

Comment

No kidding. I had to just leave most of the zombies where they fell, and then try not to wake them up again. Not the most effective method, especially with that idiot Hammerite ghost making me backtrack over and over again...
                        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

At least you can destroy Hammerites, without expending any items no less. A backstab when they are unaware of your presence is (I think) enough to do them in.

* Realises he means that ghost guy, and not the enemy Hammerites.

...erm, which helps you clear the area of enemies before you need to keep backtracking.

Comment

A flash bomb will kill most Hammerite ghosts in a single shot...two at most.
                            Talent Optional

Comment

Working...
                            X