Ah, Hidden Agenda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, Hidden Agenda

Fired up the game again tonight. Survived several coups attempts and won a "free" election. Although, despite my budgetting for infrastructure, health care, and education, it seems certain persons in my government were siphoning off the funds and things remained virtually unchanged.

Although I ordered the military to allow union rights and limited the amount of time in jail without being charged, several leaders mysteriously turned up in ditches sans head. Apparently the death squads weren't the "mere nuisance" my Army commander said.

But, on the bright side, the Cuban embassy was firebombed.
    "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

poinet?
    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Yes! Hidden Agenda! They really should do a part two for it.

Ever tried playing a right-wing bastard? It never seems to work for longer than a year or so. I wonder if anyone's managed to get the Popular Stability (right-wing) nomination and win the election with it.
      "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
      "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

I haven't. But it might work if you start out as a centrist and delay the elections until Colonel Ehrlich runs the country anyway.

Edit: When posting this reply, I got the famous "I have the leadership abilities of a small cantaloupe" quote by Stefu. How appropriate.

Comment

I remember this game. Great fun. One of the few political games to concentrate on domestic policy (only other one I can think of was Crisis in the Kremlin(?)). Very well designed and deep game and educational. Probably one of my top favorite strategy games, even if I never succeeded (but had lots of fun trying). Indeed, I was beginning to reach the conclusion that the game was unwinable, and designed to be that way. (ie, some times there aren't any happy endings...)
          "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Working...
          X