HoMM III: AB Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HoMM III: AB Map

Well, Andemagne, I finally created a map compatible with Armageddon's blade- I would have released it a few weeks earlier, but I've been extensively testing it- testing it over 5 times in the past 2 days alone

I'm now 95% certain that a good player can beat the level... if they go fast enough

So, here it is- Noveno Cycle: Episode V (Winter Storms)

Please enjoy and test!
    Attached Files
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

argh...armageddon's blade...
    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

I'll download it as soon as I get home.
      My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Thanks Andemagne!

Trajanus- I tried crafting it with the original- but there was too much text to scale down- perhaps next time.

For those interested- the style is sort of like Timothy Duncan's 'novel-stories' but it also contains elements of strategic challenges- namely the showdown with Munchausen... then saving enough troops to battle the Island! And saving enough for the nasty surprises that soon follow the Island
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

tried it a little on the other day.
          some of those resource heaps are unaccessible.
          that hero starts this scen. on level 1, is this your intention?
          My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Yes, that is the intention... If you are refering to the resource heaps to the East at the very beginning of the map- ingore them- they are for aesthetics; although you CAN access them in Chapter II... but you won't want to or need to

-
            After you have your first battle- you'll see why he's on level one- I let him level up to level 6 with battle #1... He's around Level 10 midway through the game and can get up to 15, I assume, by the end.

How far are you so far?

Any other possible bugs?

Should I start with an event gifting Icharus with some experience? Especially since Icharus IS a Lord Captain High Commander, or does the present suffice?

Thank you
            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

NOt sure what happened tomy post, but any way I will give this a shot soon.

Comment

Thanks!

Good luck!
                -->Visit CGN!

Comment

DarkCloud I seem to have been trapped. The quest barrier says I need the dragon vial to pass. I do not see any passage to get out of the catacomb that leads to that spot. I could not get at a couple of derelect ships. I got to the sword and the wizards did I miss something? Timed maps are not my strong points as I like to see and capture everything.

Comment

I will try again tomorrow as I am still loaded down with drugs from my operation.

Comment

Catacombs go underground? I'll have to test that as soon as I get home- I was just using it for decoration...

As for the derelict ships- yes, at least 2 were supposed to be unreachable.

To find the dragon's vial of blood- follow the scholar of the sea's directions.

Perhaps I didn't make the directions clear enough... but you have to go East. (Were the directions clear? Or were you just skipping the text [which is understandable... I typed too much ])

I'll check the catacomb problem!

Thanks!
                      -->Visit CGN!

Comment

I will try the scenario tomorrow as I have HoMM3 AG.
                        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Okay, I moved over one of the derelict ships- so it is now accessable... good for version II.

As for the catacombs? Are you referring to the Mummy dwelling?

The number one thing about this map is speed... the enemy accumulates horrid numbers if you aren't fast... you can afford to dawdle sometimes- and getting the sword was a good idea- but don't dawdle too much

vmxa- if you have SOD I have some SOD maps that reward exploration- but here, the exploration is to divert you... sometimes it rewards, but other times you may curse me for the diversions... especially one especially nasty diversion Remember- you are the only person who can guide Icharus to receive the tome of earth magic and save the Empire of Noveno from destruction!

-
                          Thanks Rasbelin!
                          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Okay- I have fixed several mentioned problems-

*Version 1.0.1 fixes:
                            -Day 1 Event Added Explaining Mission.
                            -Made 2 Ships Accessable.
                            -Added Some driftwood and rocks.
                            -Allowed Landfall on the Westernmost tip of the Island.
                            -1 Day added to Seer's Time Request.
                            -Shield of Dwarven Lords/Decoration/Event added on Baron Munchausen's Island.
                            -Added Readmefile

Therfore- there is now more time to explore, and more to explore!

Here's the updated zip file!
                            Attached Files
                            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Sorry I used the wrong term, I was saying the it did not see any avenues to try to go anyplace that would further the game. IOW all directions were dead ended at some point. I know that can;t be correct. I had just gotten out of the hospital and may have had too much junk in my system for clear thinking. I will try the new one in a few days, as I am running through MM6 right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X