X2 - The Khaak Threat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X2 - The Khaak Threat

Very cool game, should come out this year, but i can't seem to find a definite release date on their site.

The game is a bit like Elite, X-Beyond the Frontier was the first, later or X-Tension was released as an addon, but it was totally different (and much better and improved) then X-BTF (or so they say, i've never played X-T).

And now they're working on X2, which should be even better.
    They describe the game as Elite with bells and whistles.
    Here's an interview: http://www.pczone.co.uk/news/news_story.php?id=79051

...X2 is based around a fictional universe that is (or was initially) linked to ours. It is a space simulation that is a 21st century Elite. It's a "bells and whistles" Elite, a real-time, economic masterpiece that lives and breathes while you join in for the ride...

and i like this part about the AI
    Different classes of fighters, tug ships, cargo ships, large carriers, battleships, cruisers etc. You can own and fly them all. Want to jump into the seat of the rear gunner? No problem, you can do that too. Will the ship just drive on into the nearest moon? Nope, X2 will ship with a fully configurable AI add-on! Want to ensure your ships in your home sector look after your bases? Well you could select the default, built-in "defend bases" AI, but you could also download and install - through a simple in game menu system - one of the more aggressive AI scripts.

Maybe you want your cargo ships to go looking for wares elsewhere? Simple: download the scripts for the job (or write yourself - the scripting engine that ships as part of the game, and has menu driven options). Want to spice up your script and make them go through a chosen set of sectors looking for their wares? Simple: make it so.
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Sounds interesting, but if you own multiple ships and bases its something quite different to Elite where all you cared about was upgrading your one ship and improving your reputation...
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Comment

Sounds interesting, but if you own multiple ships and bases its something quite different to Elite where all you cared about was upgrading your one ship and improving your reputation...

well, yeah, those are the bells and whistles

But in X-BTF (the first one) you only had 1 ship and that was one of the few things i didn't like like about it. You were limited to only buying/building a factory/space station, and hiring tradee vessels for your factories.
      <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
      Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Sounds very promising indeed.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
        X