No announcement yet.

SimCity 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just downloaded the new fansite pack. The only difference is, there's 1 wallpaper included, a wallpaper not avaliable through normal download at the official site, so to use that wallpaper, you have to download the fansite kit... but it's a real nice wallpaper (It's not like the other two wallpapers avaliable)
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Just say no to arcologies!!

Comment

Originally posted by ADG

I don't think so, and I don't hope so... I never liked them...
        The problem with arcologies is that they were pretty cheap and small in land size (as I remember, a Zoo ned more terrain!!).

Also, a great thing could be small police, fire, school and hospital (just a first aid office?) for small neighborhoods. I always diliked this "metropolitan-size police station" with 8 floors.
        Signature: Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts

Comment

Originally posted by XarXo
          The problem with arcologies is that they were pretty cheap and small in land size (as I remember, a Zoo ned more terrain!!).
          That's right... as soon as you could afford one arco, you'd soon have enough money to build arco's all around the city...

Originally posted by XarXo
          Also, a great thing could be small police, fire, school and hospital (just a first aid office?) for small neighborhoods. I always diliked this "metropolitan-size police station" with 8 floors.
          You're not the only one who didn't like those... Maybe they could have an possibility for those schools, departments, etc to grow in size, depending on how many people lives in the neighborhood...

Comment

Arcologies were great!

That's right... as soon as you could afford one arco, you'd soon have enough money to build arco's all around the city...

Yes, it was a problem, but by doubling or tripling their cost it can be easily solved.
            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
              Yes, it was a problem, but by doubling or tripling their cost it can be easily solved.
              ...and make them use more space. One arco, was the size of a normal skyscraber (is that word?), while there were room for 65,000 people...

Comment

I thought the whole concept was cheap, and kind of cheesy. Arcologies kind of turned it into an "endgame" situation, just trying to manage the massive pollution (sound familiar?). For me it detracted from the concept of SC being a "software toy". It always signalled the end of an organic city. Think you for your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                  ...and make them use more space. One arco, was the size of a normal skyscraber (is that word?), while there were room for 65,000 people...
                  The word is skyscraper.
                  About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Originally posted by candybo
                    I thought the whole concept was cheap, and kind of cheesy. Arcologies kind of turned it into an "endgame" situation, just trying to manage the massive pollution (sound familiar?).
                    Yeah, that's how I feel about it. If they include arcos, they should be huge, and real expensive (And huge means, at least 10x10, but preferly bigger)

Comment

Feel free to click this link, if you want to read more articles about the game (From the official site)

Comment

Great articles.
                        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Well, I'm glad archologies won't be in it. I thought they just made the whole game wierd.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Very nice articles.

I don't like the looks of the advisors too much, but hey, I hope I won't be seeing too much of them

Now, the architecture article is real nice.
                            XBox Live: VovanSim
                            xbox.com (login required)
                            Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                            Spore page

Comment

I don't believe I have ever heard arcologies advertised in SC. Were they some kind of half-hidden easter egg, meant for a suprise?

I think arcos are a nifty add-on that looks nice. It's hard to implement a city within a city. They would have to be huge and expensive.

The only arco-like project I've heard about is the Biosphere Project.
                              It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

i want this game, looks like fun
                                Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
                                X