Game looks great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game looks great

In the forum the programer is complaining about the publisher 'JoWood' for not getting the game any publisity. So I say its out duty (if the game is good) to get the word around about this game. If this games has half the stuff the site says about it, it should be great.
    " Conceit, arrogance, and egotism are the essentials of patriotism." - Emma Goldman

William Seward Burroughs
    February 5, 1914 - August 2, 1997 R.I.P. Uncle Bill, you are missed.

The game concept from their site:

The Middle Ages - The Real Experience
    The PC game "Europa 1400 - The Guild" takes players into the fascinating world of the Middle Ages after 1400: A world full of luxury and wealth conspiracy and intrigue. In one of five european cities up to 500 virtual inhabitants pursue their daily business- trading and competing for titles and offices each of which bestows reputation and influence. All this is presented in a wealth of detail.

From the 3D view of the whole town players can zoom to a selected building enter that building and interact with ist contents and inhabitants. For example entering a herb shop allows the player to examine the sales room and the lab where they can even see the distilling flask! There are also over 200 building extensions each of which serves ist own unique purpose.

At the start of the game players can generate their own characters. They can even select their parents from a number of workmen merchants poets or even thieves. Every player can therefore inherit helpful talents on the path to glory and wealth. Then players can select professions and set the points for their further career. Eight different groups of professions are available at the beginning of the game which include such varied roles as blacksmith tincture mixer landlord preacher or even thief.

Depending on the chosen path players may find themselves at the searing heat of the forge behind the counter of a herb shop or waiting in the forest for the cover of night. The objective of the game depends on the different game modes: from the focused play of the mission mode to the infinite possibilities of the endless game where players build a family dynasty.

The missions include several different objectives such as "Become mayor" "Obtain a monopoly over the surrounding quarries" or "Raise 15 000 ducats through raids" A multiplayer mode for up to 8 players is included as well. To ease casual gamers into the medieval world of "The Guild - Europa 1400" the gameplay and navigation have been designed to be as easy as possible.

The different difficulty levels will make expert building and strategy game players addicted to "Europa 1400 - The Guild" as well. Orientation within the colourfully realised towns is pleasingly easy: By clicking an area on screen over the town the camera will softly pan in that direction.

A mouse click on any building moves the camera directly to the desired destination. Another mouse click enters the building. Each building contains a different situation: The tavern for instance is populated by different shady characters. As well as offering gambling and mead the tavern also lets you obtain useful information on opponents and competitors. But take care: If you are caught committing a crime you may expect to be taken to the town prison the pillory or be tortured. If you want to avoid such unpleasant surprises keep your proceedings legal as you maintain and expand your empire.

You can also visit one of the local churches; these visits will often end with your purse being lighter and the priest smiling happily as he hands you a letter of indulgence. Glancing into the law books at the town council's office could also help inspire one to stay within the law… most of the time.

Numerous positions are just waiting to be filled. Guilds churches and councils tempt players with the influence they offer. Changing alliances offering privileges or the well-considered employment of underhand measures can lead you to the heights of your career - or if carelessly used to rot in a dungeon. If all else fails there is still the option of a duel at dawn.

You should check out the screenshots in their 'Making Of...' section.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
      The game concept from their site:

You should check out the screenshots in their 'Making Of...' section.
      Oh I did, I think I am in love
      " Conceit, arrogance, and egotism are the essentials of patriotism." - Emma Goldman

William Seward Burroughs
      February 5, 1914 - August 2, 1997 R.I.P. Uncle Bill, you are missed.

Comment

It's like The Sims, only not crap.

Great game, and one of the more original games I've played in a long time.

First, a disclaimer: I do not write good reviews, especially this early in the morning, so bare with me.

You start the game with a small shop and home, and have to work your way up from there - potentially owning the entire city and being able to decide the laws.

There's a very nice political part of the game, where you can work your way up the structure of the town and eventual gain the power to decide laws and taxes - of course, it's not easy geting to such a position, since you have to win favor with all the current officials, and there are many others competing for the same positions (both "common people" and rival dynasties). There is also alot of things you can do to help your political standing, you can build an impressive house, buy jewelery and other sorts of items, or you can also bribe people, spy on them, blackmail, take them to court, ect...

There are many different careers, which all seem to be quite unique - I played my first game as a perfumer, your employees must look for herbs in the wilderness, and then turn them into perfumes and potions back in the shop. Then you can take them to market and sell them, or let people come straight to your shop and buy them for a cheaper price. All of the thigns you make have practical purposes, as a perfumer I could make perfumes that would cause two people to hate each other, musks that can make you attractive to the opposite sex, or even poisons for puting on blades.

I've also started a game as a thief, where your thieves can do everything from pickpocketing to kidnappings, and none of it is abstracted - if you want to rob a building or kidnap someone, you chose who the victim is.

Then there is your family - if you want to continue the game past your death, you need to get married and have children, and the dynasty passed on to them when you die. It is unlikely that you will have achieved that much in a single life time, maybe having two shops and a small civic office, but for your dynasty to really have an impact on the city it will probably take a few generations.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

It almost makes me wish I spoke german... there's alot of really interesting games coming out of there these days. (I hear there's already an expansion for the german version)
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

*drool*
            Very good conept
            And nice graphics also...but the concept

This would be an excellent belated christmas present to me.
            <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
            Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

I just hope that the programmers don't start thinking that "awsome graphics" will be the selling point, and make gameplay the sacrifical lamb. I've been noticing this trend for the past year or so, and I just hope that a game with this great story line don't follows this route.
              I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Hmm.. this game is a surprise. I may need to buy it.

Comment

Hmmmm, sadly no demo, not even on the german site.
                  Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

I just got E1.4K this afternoon. I have played through the tutorial and am now involved in my first game.

From what I've seen so far its very detailed and seems quite deep. I think I'll be enjoying this one a lot!

John-SJ

Comment

Wow, I am impressed with the concept of this game. I'll definitely keep an eye out for it.

Bkeela.
                      Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Really it sounds to me like a Middle Ages simulator. Am I correct in this assessment?

Comment

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

pretty good review too. if anyone plays it i'd really like to know what you guys think of it. it looks interesting but i'm not going to run out and get it yet.
                          Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

i got it! i got it! i got it! i got it! i got it! i got it! i got it! i got it!

And i like it!
                            Very replayable (i think, i'm just in my first game, and there are uhm...20 or 16 professions you can do), the AI is pretty good...or i just suck...i wasn't really winning (actually losing the game) on very easy difficulty at first!!
                            I don't know how i'm doing now, i forgot where to look at the scores
                            But i got into public office, and became a Bishop (higher then any of my competitors), which is about 4 steps below Soevereign, there are 9 steps, in 6 different areas.
                            I got married pretty fast, got 3 children, the last one is the smartest, i gave her some toys to improve her skills, later on you can put the kids in university, where to learn 2 out of 5 skills.
                            My wife died recently, so i tried courting the soeverieng, that didn't work, she dissapearred somehow, so now i'm courting the richest woman i could find.
                            <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                            Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

You gold-digger, you.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                              X