No announcement yet.

Need low-micromanagement game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thrawn05 Don't even consider Close Combat.
    What do you have against Close Combat? I'd not call the ones I've played (III,V) micromanaging.
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Comment

i love close combat.......it is very importent how you place your troops so that might be called micromanaging but it is not like moving every thing one tile ahead!
      Bunnies!
      Welcome to the DBTSverse!
      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
      'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold

What do you have against Close Combat? I'd not call the ones I've played (III,V) micromanaging.
        It was a little too much for me. Even if I cheated, those damn germans kicked my rare. Trying to manage each group of men is a lot for me. Kudos for those who can get into it and play it.
        I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

I only played CC for a bit, but there was way too much management involved. X-Com was far better, it gave you a smaller, more manageable group.
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Ah X-Com.......now there was game. 1 and 3 were great..........base invasions, flying saucers, going to their planet and committing genocide.........those were the days.

Comment

When I'm (temporarely ) bored of civ, I usually go for something completely different and easy.

Say, The need for speed or something like that
              some plain and simple action
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I tend to on game rotation through the year. Here are a list of games I play... when I start, I don't stop for a few months.

Civ3
                AvPGE
                The Dig
                Quake 3
                Rebellion
                Morrowind
                Sam N Max
                Alice
                Dark Forces
                Force Commander
                IJ: Fate of Atlantis
                Total Annihilation: CC
                Grim Fandango
                MM2: Day of the Tenticle
                Outlaws

Not to mention my SNES games.

As you can see, I'm a fan of old skool LucasArts.
                I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Working...
                X