Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nethack: What's your favourite shop type?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nethack: What's your favourite shop type?

I just came across this awesome shop and it made me think "is this the best kind of shop you can get?"

Maybe spellbooks (for a wizard) are better.

Anyway, take a look at this shop. Wouldn't that cheer you up?
    Attached Files
    used armor dealership (armour, some weapons)
    0.00%
    second-hand bookstore (scrolls, some spell books)
    0.00%
    liquor emporium (potions)
    20.00%
    antique weapons outlet (weapons, some armour)
    0.00%
    delicatessen
    20.00%
    jewelers (rings, some gems/amulets)
    0.00%
    quality apparel and accessories (90% wands, some gloves, cloaks)
    20.00%
    hardware store (tools)
    0.00%
    rare books (spell books, some scrolls)
    40.00%
    lighting store
    0.00%
    tropical food store (bananas)
    0.00%
    "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
    "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
    - Pekka

I'll vote for rare books, but basically I like any shop that is big.
    - Pekka

Comment

what sort of shop is that?

I am nto good at determing what the symbol's mean yet

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

my tpo score is only 2053 points

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

They're rings.
          (I subsequently died before I got any of them out of the shop)
          - Pekka

Comment

Delicatessen! Nobody fights with an empty stomach.
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Delis are always good early on to avoid starving to death, especially if you're a wizard. Ring stores are always nice for looting. I would have to say that wand stores are the best though, since if you can identify a wand of fire or frost you can just pick it up and usually kill the shopkeeper with it. The rest of the wands are then yours. This is not recommended for lawful characters.

Comment

on stringtly ADOM basis, I have to say that "Liguer Emporium" or "Second Hand Bookstore".
                voted for first one.
                My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Black market (probably not in nethack).
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Rare books. I don't tend to buy many scrolls (I just write my own, and the only kind I ever seem to use are Remove Curse, Recharge, and Enchant, all of which I'd prefer to be blessed so all of which I need to write on my own), but spellbooks are a must-have for my Mage. I usually wind up selling them back, since they're too heavy to carry and it's not practical to store them in a chest and then have to climb all the way back up in order to reread them. I just try to make sure that I've got enough blessed Magic Markers so that I can write my own books if need be.
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

you guys all talk about stuff I have no clue about

Jon Miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

I would have to say that wand stores are the best though, since if you can identify a wand of fire or frost you can just pick it up and usually kill the shopkeeper with it
                        Scary attitude. Doesn't it then call you a Murderer then you have to kill the Keystone cops, etc? I'm always neutral, but I still thought my god didn't like me killing shopkeepers and watchmen?
                        - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by MattyBoy

Scary attitude. Doesn't it then call you a Murderer then you have to kill the Keystone cops, etc? I'm always neutral, but I still thought my god didn't like me killing shopkeepers and watchmen?
                          AFAIK, the Keystone cops only come out if you manage to steal items with the shopkeeper knowing (eg. by teleporting out of the store). I always play chaotic so I wouldn't really know how neutral gods react to such heinous crimes.

Comment

Keystone Kops don't really mind if you're a murderer, though a Lawful god will not be particularly pleased with you. Neutral gods don't seem to care when I kill shopkeepers.
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I tried it and my neutral god didn't care.

I just lost my Level 18 ranger when I sacrificed a doppleganger at a neutral altar and the priest killed me before I could even take a swing at him. I never thought of the doppleganger as humanoid and I had all armor off after dancing with a Succubus.
                              - Pekka

Comment

Working...
                              X