No announcement yet.

Commandos III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh, I love Commandos. I played it for the first time some three months ago. My brother-in-law played it all the time because it was the only game he could play on his crappy computer (P100). I then played it for some time... and got hooked!

Wonderful game; difficult, but fun.

Any news yet about Commandos 3 new features?
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

The website is pretty barren (there is no official website only the .

There is a promo video trailer.

The publishers website .

Commandos 3 is a tactical action strategy game set against the backdrop of World War II where you must take control of an elite group of Commandos as they venture deep into enemy territory. Commandos 3 aims to take the stunningly detailed graphics and absorbing gameplay of the series to a whole new level. The game features an improved graphics engine, more realistic AI (artificial intelligence), and a greater variety of enemies and equipment. The structure of the game has been completely revamped; it is no longer mission based and instead features a strong narrative that drives the player through the game. Commandos 3 also promises to be more accessible and easier to play than previous games in the series.

The developers site, Pyro Studios, is pretty empty too.

That's about all thats available on the game (due in summer 2003)
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

it is no longer mission based and instead features a strong narrative that drives the player through the game.
        Hm. I'm not sure if I like this. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

I think its too soon to tell. A lot of the other changes they've made in the past have turned out well.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Here are more info (but I think that it's old..)

Originally posted by Pyros Studios

Overview:

Commandos 3, presented during the E3, the leading international trade show for the videogames market, has been in development for over eight months.
            Commandos 3 will be developed by a team of over 40 professionals, its development will last for two years, incorporates a series of gameplay and technical improvements which will make it the most ambitious game of the saga.

Features:

Among the most outstanding features of the game, an improved graphics engine, a new concept of game flow that sets it apart from the traditional Commandos gameplay or the new multiplayer modes with different types of deathmatch games.

Prior to its release date, expected for summer 2003 in its PC format, more gameplay details will be unveiled, including a playable demo available some months before its publication.
            BTW, the Spanish guy that creates Pyros Studios has resigned and has started a new company. I hope that, even witouth him, Comandos 3 will be as good as Comandos 1 & 2 were.
            Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

I find it funny how both the official sites doesn't contain lots of content now, when the game is (supposedly) almost ready for release.

The Eidos site is totally non-informative, with some images and a registration form.

The other official site has nothing but a blank screen with "Commandos 3" written in it.

Anyway, some Commandos 3 features (which are not that revealing anyway):

- Historical WWII campaigns: engage the enemy across Europe, from the Eastern front of Stalingrad, to the Gestapo Headquarters in Berlin, to the D-Day assault on Omaha Beach, each offering unique tactical situations

- Multiple paths to victory: prepare your commandos for a variety of strategies as enemy bombing raids lay waste to environments, requiring you to change your tactics and approach

- Guerrilla warfare: utilize ambush tactics, stealth, sabotage, and demolitions to disrupt enemy advances

- Multiplayer combat: test your skills head-to-head with up to 8 other players via LAN and Internet

- Improved accessibility: Commandos 3: Destination Berlin features more detailed, smaller maps providing more action-orientated missions that form part of an overall campaign. A strong narrative drives the story via cinematic briefing screens.

Comment

Some more info was revealed on a good Gamespot preview, things like:

- The enhanced 3D graphics are not only more interactive--we saw commandos inch along the top of a speeding train, drop along the side, peer inside a troop car, and then crawl through windows--but they're also stunningly cinematic. That same train scene ends when a bridge blows in front of the engine, taking the first few cars with it into the abyss. You'll have to see it to believe the smooth detail of the sequence.

- All the characters and vehicles are now in full 3D, with new animation and lighting systems.

- Commandos 3 will provide a more continual payoff and give a better sense of the progress you're making toward longer-term goals by breaking missions that span multiple maps into shorter sequences. The net effect will also include more variety to the missions, as you segue from various actions, including straight stealth, sniping, assaults, or ambushes.

- Commandos 3 is divided into three distinct campaigns: Stalingrad, Central Europe, and Normandy.

There are other previews, of course, but I can't be arsed to look for them right now.

Comment

And now some wonderful screenshots:

The last one for now:

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
                    Sagacious Dolphin:
                    Big Crunch is the original handle
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                      Big Crunch is the original handle
                      I've aware of that. He was still called Sagacious Dolphin in October last year when I made that post, however. Quite why you felt the need to point it out is beyond me, but we both seem to have got [+1] out of it so it isn't a total loss.
                      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

The ancient necromantic art of raising threads from the grave is at work again
                        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                        H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                          The ancient necromantic art of raising threads from the grave is at work again
                          It's all Skanky's fault.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I didn't even notice these were old posts until the SD comment.

Comment

Working...
                            X