CMBB Oh no not again!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMBB Oh no not again!!!!!

Ok you guys. Can anybody help me? I've just received my copy of Combat Mission 2(thought the first was great). I installed it and then.....nothing. It comes up with an error looking for a file. I've already posted on the battlefront website but had no joy yet. I was hoping that somebody here could shed some light on the problem....before the red mist descends and I start ranting and raving again(see my UT2003 post).
    Just as an aside. It seems that a batch of faulty CDs was dispatched so mine might be one of those. Which, as I begin to rant, is quite ironic. Here I am, owning the retail version which I can't use(probably because it's a CD recognition error) while somewhere out there in Cyberspace, a pirate is sitting playing his cracked copy of the game which doesn't need the CD in the drive. Makes you wonder about CD protection cutting down on piracy.

Down with copy protection
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Yeah! I'm with you Urban(err ..we are on first name terms here, aren't we?)

Comment

Try getting a no-cd crack and see if it works then. If yes, then great. If not, then at least it eliminates that possibility.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Unfortunately, I can't find a no-cd crack and I've tried the solution posted on the Battlefront website. That worked for some but not for me. That's 2 games in one week that I can't get working and I'm really beginning to think that I'm jinxed.

Comment

The problem could be that you have a weird drive that is somehow incompatible with the new SecuROM protection or whatever.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I wondered about that Asher but I have two machines with different makes of drive in them so I thought it unlikely that I would have exactly the same problem on both machines. I don't suppose it rules out the possibility completely - which is why I think a no-cd patch is probably the answer(if I can find one). Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

Comment

if you want to pirate I would reccomend edonkey

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I have a pirate version of Warcraft 3 installed on my computer, despite the fact that I have bought the full version from the store. But in my case it is because I hate having to search for a cd every time I want to play a different game.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Skanky I totally understand where you're coming from. I hate hunting for the CD and, in fact, why should we have to? Your statement just goes to show how ridiculous and futile these anti-piracy attempts are when they force their own customers to go looking for a pirated version because the published version is such a pain in the arse. I would have no guilt trip about using a pirated version to save hunting for the CD - if I had already bought the retail copy.

Comment

Working...
                    X