Best SSI 5 starts game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best SSI 5 starts game

What is, in your opinion, the most funny SSI (5 start series) game?

Please consider the time of publishing (yes, I know that People's Republic is amazing, but perphas Panzer General was better - on his age).

Of all games, I enjoy most than any other, Pacific General. Perphas the units, perphas the ambientation, but I like it more than any others (I lose the game after a fire on my house burned the computer's room)

And you?

[I add a other option, only because I'm not sure about I've add all SSI 5 start games]
    Panzer General
    25.00%
    Allied General
    0.00%
    Fantasy General
    8.33%
    Pacific General
    16.67%
    Panzer General II
    33.33%
    People's General
    0.00%
    Panzer General III - 3D (Western Front)
    0.00%
    Panzer General III - SE (Scorched Earth- East Front)
    8.33%
    Other
    8.33%
    Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Other.
    ie: Star General.

Never thought much of the scenarios but the expansion campaigns play just like Moo. Also has both space and ground combat, economic points and (limited) tech development.

Comment

Pz Gen II gets my vote, simply because it was the one that held my interest longest. People's General is good, but I'm less interested in "modern" warfare scenarios. PzG3D was bad but I hear PzG3SE is much better. Unfortunately I haven't been able to locate a budget copy in the UK.
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

This is an example of a company that didn't know when to stop exploiting a game system.
        "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
        George Orwell

Comment

The best SSI game ever made was Great Naval Battles (the original). Bar none.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

PzG3D isn't bad but PzG3 is better.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I dunno I found Western Front disappointing. Dont get me Wrong the limitation of units makes it good for MP.. but as you cant do anything when your Opponent moves well.. it aint good MP
              And to release an Extra game for teh Russians is evil evil Moneymaking!
              Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Not so. Pz3 has a lot of improvements over Pz3D.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                X