No announcement yet.

Top: Game top list.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deus Ex is one of the most celebrated games of recent times, a tightly-plotted but very open action RPG with a Thief-like feel (made by the same guy who made the Thief games).

My vote:

1. Monkey Island series
    2. Gabriel Knight series
    3. Mario series
    4. Micro Machines series
    5. Wario series
    Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
    Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Originally posted by muxec
      IMNSHO caesar is clone of simcity isnt it?
      Sort of... the difference is, that you can choose which buildings to build, not just zoning (There's a only few things you can zone...or is it just the residental area? I'm not sure, it's been a while, since I played it...)... The other difference is: It's in Ceasars and Cleapatras time (That's why they made the "sequel" Pharao... I would have thought they would have called it Cleopatra, but for some reason they didn't...), but anyway, Pharao is basicly the same thing as Ceasar... now it's in Egypt though...
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

well, caesar2 (never played #1) is kinda different as you have to fight as well, you have a city view, and a provincial view, where you can build mine camps, farms, attack other settlements, build ports etc

i also think the fights were far better and more strategical in caesar2 than in pharaoh and Zeus, even though you could only have a maximum of 4 troop types, the formations, morale, discipline and diversity of the enemy is a lot better! it's still kinda primitive to my liking though, the most complicating part was getting industries running and getting rich neighbourhoods as well, and that wasn't too easy, because industry buildings etc limited the growth of a house (which rich fella would wanna live next to a factory )

btw are we talking about Thief the dark project? the stealth game? cos i've heard some things about thief being a true action game and all (which it isn't quite the game i mean)

i also agree that gta1 and 2 were better than 3, only because of the high specs (i can't play it because i haven't got a geforce2)
        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Trajanus
          well, caesar2 (never played #1) is kinda different as you have to fight as well, you have a city view, and a provincial view, where you can build mine camps, farms, attack other settlements, build ports etc
          Well... I have only played Ceasar3... And it had one very annoying problem. I just couldn't sell them (The people who sometimes comes to town to buy stuff) anything, even if I had more than enough, so the game couldn't stay for a long time on my HD...

Comment

Originally posted by muxec
            Skanky Burns, thanx for calculating. I was offline this week...

Not a problem.

What is Deus EX? I never heard about it before.

Its a first-person shooter in the loosest sense of the term. You can play the game multiple ways, and there are always multiple ways to achieve your objectives. If you find a copy somewhere, grab it definately! (and Thief). They should be very cheap, being 'old' games, but are more than worth getting, even now.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Burns, when i voted Heroes i voted HoMM series+King bounty.
              money sqrt evil;
              My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                1. SimCity
                2. The Settlers
                3. Civilization
                4. Worms
                5. Desperados
                Is it too late to change some of my votes? Since I somehow completely forgot RCT... Here's my new top 5 list (If possible):

1. SimCity
                2. The Settlers
                3. RollerCoaster Tycoon
                4. Civilization
                5. Worms

Comment

ADG, pls do not move Worms back. Its best.
                  money sqrt evil;

Comment

The reasons why I don't have Worms as #1, is just because:

- Not much have happened since Worms 2 (When talking about graphics)

- I don't know anyone who'd like to play the game (MP) (Couldn't get internet gaming working)

- The version of WWP I had was in danish

Comment

Do you know the Tank Wars game? Its prototype of worms.
                      money sqrt evil;

Comment

Do you mean Schorced Earth (or is it schorced Tank?)... Yes, I know it, but there exists a game in between. It's called Charr, it's 10x better than SE, but still not much compared to Worms...

Comment

No, I think he is referring to Tank Wars, formerly known as Bomb. It was somewhat simpler than Scorched Earth but it had better graphics. In my opinios it was better than Scorched Earth.

BTW, I have never liked Worms.

Comment

I like Worms but on the Playstation - its easier to get people round the screen. I've never tried Worms on the PC does it add much more ?

Comment

PC-Worms interface is much easier than Playstation.
                              money sqrt evil;

Comment

1. Civilisation
                                2. Europa Universalis
                                3. Serious Sam/Duke Nukem
                                4. Total Annihilation
                                5. Warlords
                                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X