Baldur's Gate II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baldur's Gate II

Can anyone tell me how to kill the brain golems that appear near the mind flayers' giant brain? Walkthroughs don't give any specifics, just "kill them." Every time I hit them it says "immune to damage" or "magic resistance".

Why won't they die?

Use plain weapons, prefferably a hammer or other blunt object.
    It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Is it possible to make a mage permanently forget a spell? I'm trying to write some, but I've been told I have a full book for that level of spell given my intelligence. Is there any way to make room for more?
        The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
        Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
        All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
        "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Originally posted by Chowlett
          Is it possible to make a mage permanently forget a spell? I'm trying to write some, but I've been told I have a full book for that level of spell given my intelligence. Is there any way to make room for more?
          You can only write so many spells per level acording to your intelligence score. I forget the exacts of it, thoguh...
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

You would have to raise your intelligence.
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Chowlett
              You can get rid of unwanted spells but I have a feeling that utility was added with the ToB expansion...

Comment

yes, it's possible only in the ToB expansion, quite a handy feature if you ask me...

however (i haven't tried it yet cos i have ToB) you might want to use Shadowkeeper to edit your spell book, but like i said i haven't checked if it's possible, probably it will be possible, you can do amazing things with yer char with Shadowkeeper
                "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Shadowkeeper?
                  The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                  Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                  All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                  "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

The following is an exploit.

All you need is a potion/item that temporarily increases your Int to 19+. Then you can write in as amny spells as you want.
                    There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

that was a *spoiler*

Shadowkeeper is a programme with which you can do anything to your savegames

you can give the char XP, portraits, stats, items (the list of items is quite enormous not to say immense ) you can edit special abilities etc, basically, anything you would want to change to your char can be done (if you want to get to chapter 6 in BG2 quickly, just give the guy 1200000 XP or so, and all ye gotta do is do the main story and voila)

i'll attach it
                      Attached Files
                      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Isn't there something to raise your intelligence (potion of clarity or something) to learn more spells. It's only temporary but it allows you to learn more spells.

Comment

not sure about the brain golems. I didn't think they were too tough. But the battle was tough.

I think I only went in with Minsc and my monk. Minsc drank the brine potion thingy. My monk was just a bad ass with mind flayers . I do think I had to reload once or twice though. But I think I was able to hit them with decent weapons. They were at least +3. Minsc had a +3 and my monk has +4 fists.

although I think I did use my sorcerer as well (I had a custom save that used 2 players created by me). a few horrid wilting put the hurt on them as well.
                          Last edited by Dis; September 11, 2002, 17:04.

Comment

Working...
                          X