Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halo 2 trailer available (2 minutes 25 seconds of ingame footage)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halo 2 trailer available (2 minutes 25 seconds of ingame footage)

You'll need Windows Media Player 9 Beta to watch it, which is linked to on that site as well. The reason for requiring WMP9 is because the trailer supports Dolby Digital 5.1 and a new video compression engine as well that won't run on WMP8 or below.

But this trailer is nothing short of amazing. The lighting effects -- they're all very real. The character casts shadows on himself, stuff reflects how you'd expect it too, and aliasing is not a problem.

Too bad this game is over a year away.

"Halo 2 is a lot like Halo 1, only it's Halo 1 on fire, going 130 miles per hour through a hospital zone, being chased by helicopters and ninjas... And the ninjas are all on fire, too."

- Jason Jones
    Bungie Studios
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Well, if eveything is on fire, I'd be going 130 mph too!

But, this is a lot of time to see a game movie that is over a year away.
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

"Halo 2 is a lot like Halo 1, only it's Halo 1 on fire, going 130 miles per hour through a hospital zone, being chased by helicopters and ninjas... And the ninjas are all on fire, too."

- Jason Jones
      Bungie Studios

Is that supposed to be a possitive description? I can tell that I'm going to be even less interested in this one then I was with the first.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Aaargh, Imperial units! When will they ever learn?
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
          Is that supposed to be a possitive description? I can tell that I'm going to be even less interested in this one then I was with the first.
          Sucks to be you, then.
          You've always had a brattish attitude towards games.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The trailer has been converted to quicktime...
            I saw it and I must agree, it looks fantastic.
            If you played marathon though, you'd see that Bungies graphical evolution has been one steady build up from Pathways of Darkness to Halo 2 (although admittedly that pace is quickening!).
            "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
            Drake Tungsten
            "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
            Albert Speer

Comment

I downloaded the file, and the Media Player couldn't find it. guess I'll have to try again.
              What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

that is cool

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I meant the trailer

Jon Miller
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                  X