more Nostalgia: Car Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more Nostalgia: Car Wars

Anyone remember this game. It's a pen and paper type game. And the add ons Truck stop and the other one I can't remember .

What was your favourite type of vehicle? Of course tractor/trailers were nice. But I always loved the pickup. Vans weren't too shabby either.

What could be more fun than putting guns on a vehicle and shooting other vehicles.

bikes weren't too bad, but there just wasn't much room for weapons if you put in the largest power plant (and who didn't?). Sidedcars really made them shine.

You mean Autoduel?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Sorry, you're right, it's Car Wars by Steve Jackson Games.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Played it and loved it. I had a fondness for the sports car even though I usually lost
        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
        H.Poincaré

Comment

Never played Car Wars, but Autoduel for the computer was based off of it and I loved that game. It was very open ended and the combat was loads of fun. IIRC it allowed you to pick all types of Cars, Trucks or Bikes and then you'd spend your time either running missions or fighting in the arena, all so you could soup up or car a little more. I think their was a main mission, but I never did it so I'm not sure.
          Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Autoduel was kind of cool. A bit difficult, but I was young at the time. I wish there was a little more depth as well.

I wish they had done a sequal set in the southwest U.S.

Comment

Ooooh, loved that game! We mated it with a swedish rpg called 'mutant', set in a post-apocalyptic scandinavia. Man, spent so much time on that, oh, 15 years ago...
              Gnu Ex Machina - the Gnu in the Machine

Comment

Working...
              X