Neverwinter Nights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neverwinter Nights

Am I the only one here playing this game??

no, there were a few threads started about it when it just got out, just none of those threads survived
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Ah... I wish I could play it. I have been screwed because of my graphics card (an S3 unsopported card)

Comment

When I get to school, me and a couple friends are going to start playing it in earnest. It's a damn good game.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Some of my friends and I are going to try to get hold of it by the end of term, so we can have a crack at it MP over Christmas. I played some BG2 Friday into Saturday, MP (6-strong party - Crusader, Fighter, Swashbuckler, Cleric, Archer, Mage (me)), and it was serious fun!
          The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
          Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
          All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
          "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Originally posted by Felch X
            When I get to school, me and a couple friends are going to start playing it in earnest. It's a damn good game.
            Yeah, I noticed. I did have plans for this weekend but I've been buzy puttin' down prison escapes, zombie attacks and pirate rampages. Oh, what's a lone barbarian to do?

Two of my favorite parts so far:
            (1) getting into a drinking contest
            (2) talking to a guard who has strick orders not to let anyone by who doesn't have the password, sayin' "ah come on, let me by," and him replying "heck, why not?"

I love the brain-eating monster
            But I hate dire spiders

Comment

Those spiders are bastards.

I just got the game two days ago. Cool stuff... Everyone listens to me, because I have excessive amounts of persuade.
              Talent Optional

Comment

I would play if I had people to play with

but as for single player, I would rather play morrowind

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I finally have made it to Chapter 3, but my life has been calling, so I don't know if I will ever have time to finish it. I have a 15th level arcane magic user. These RPG's are just so involved and too long.
                  "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                  —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Sure, Morrowind's better SP. But I'm taking to BG2 well as well - playing the SP quest on that in between MW. For MP, I can see NWN kicking some serious rear-end.

Idle thought: I wonder what happens if I let Imoen die before leaving that first underground bit in BG2...
                    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

I was playing it.

I'm taking a break. good game, but still a little to barren for my tastes.

There are some good modules I want to try. One of them is underworld or something.

Comment

I've completed the SP game twice and played quite a number of MP scenarios too. Its an excellent first attempt at true multiplayer AD&D but it needs more content to make it truly shine. The amateur mods to improve henchmen, monster AI etc are already making a difference. What we need now is for an official expansion to bring in a lot more spells and skills (and no doubt many players would now like to see lvl 21+ support too).
                        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                        H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Chowlett
                          Idle thought: I wonder what happens if I let Imoen die before leaving that first underground bit in BG2...
                          Actually she can't die in the first bit. The (irremovable) belt she currently wears prevents it. If she is in a situation where she would ordinarily be "killed", the character panics and runs - effectively leaving the party until they exit the dungeon.

Incidentally, if you enjoy mods TDD and a few other BG2 mods are pretty good.

Comment

I've finished it as well. I thought is was great.

As Grumbold said, an expansion will truely make it shine, but there's a lot of very good stuff in already. And playing it MP is an absolute blast. I was in an 5 vs 5 game a couple of days ago and can't recall last time I had this much fun.

Anyone have good modules (SP or MP) to recommend?
                            "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                            "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Oh, and Moses: ch 3 and 4 are much smaller and quicker to play through than 1 and 2. You can do it
                              "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                              "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Working...
                              X