Capitalism II - fatal problem with patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capitalism II - fatal problem with patch

I have installed Capitalism II, version 1.00 (as sold) on my PC. No problem - game installed and then ran.

I encountered what seemed to be a bug in the tutorial - I couldn't select any products for my fourth or fifth supermarket.

I then downloaded the patch, version 1.01, from Ubisoft's site. No problem. I then installed the patch. I then attempted to start the game. with the CD-ROM in the drive.

I then obtained the error message:

Cannot locate the CD-ROM Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application

I then uninstalled and reinstalled the program, version 1.00 as before, and was able to start it successfully.

I then reinstalled the patch. Error message as before.

Has anyone else encountered these problems?
    The patch is unusable!

I haven't had that problem...but then again, I don't recall ever downloading any patch.

--Come to thing of it, I have cows on one farm which refuse to produce milk.

Comment

Sounds like they "improved" their copy protection software as part of the patch. Neverwinter had similar problems with one of their patches.
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
      X