Medieval Total War is out!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John-SJ:

Yeah EU is a great game (haven't played EU2) Haven't played in a while and probably not anytime soon. I'm in the middle of a big campaign in MTW as the people of Novogorod. I edited the text file to activate this minor faction.

Stuie:

You hit the nail right on top of the head

I seem to spend a great deal more time on the strategic map than I ever did in Shogun. I recently played Shogun for about 5 minutes and realized that I missed MTW a lot. Moving spies, assassins, princesses, etc. is enough to keep you very busy. Checking each and every governors loyalty and vices and virtues sucks up another big chunk of time. I've been meaning to activate an account on the total war forums but like I said, my time is limited and I use nearly all of my free time on MTW. (wife permitting that is! )
    signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
      Now he's got the "Good runner" vice on top of some others. So I had him assassinated. Hahaha. Nothing like sending an assassin after your own generals! What a hoot.

Comment

Good to see you again, John. I promise not to start up any debates on EU.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
          The Poles and the Danes cannot build Chapter Houses (and thus, cannot build Crusades) despite being Catholic. It's in the readme file. Not sure what the Cathedral problem is.........

Also, I noticed in a previous post you were trying to hunt down the other factions' kings. If you're attempting diplomacy, you can just drop the emissary/princess on one of the other faction's emissaries and that will do the trick - no need to hunt down the king.
          Thanks! I think its odd that they made that decision about the Danes and Poles. Since the natural Polish expansion path contain the historical territory of the Teutonic Knights it seems fickle to me. Once mere survival is no longer your only concern, pleasing the Pope seems a sensible objective to me even if your country never reached that stage historically. C'est la vie.
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

Are the AI opponents as sneaky and as untrustworthy in Medieval, as they are in Shogun?

I'm currently playing a game of Shogun Total War: Warlords Edition, and my long-time ally just stabbed me in the back.

That clan was a trusted ally, actually sending troops to help me in my quest for domination of Japan.

Alas, it was merely a ploy: once I was over-extended, the Hojo clan attacked me without mercy. As it now stands, I will have my hands full to make a come back.

The game has a "chess-like" feel to it; and the AI is quite cunning.

My overall advice for those playing Shogun is: don't trust the computer AI clans. They are lying scum. Kill them all. . .

Comment

The AI is totally untrustworthy. Unfortunately I don't find it intelligent. Once it finds a short term reason to attack you it seems incapable of working out what to do next if you block its move or kick its butt. When a human player would be eager for a truce it will sulk and refuse to budge.

This is especially true with the Catholic countries, who seem almost single minded in their determination to squabble with each other (pretty historical and many of the objective VP's encourage this). The Pope will threaten to excommunitate whoever is on foreign soil irrespective of who started the war, so the AI just sits but refuses to make peace. This would not be too irritating except that all trade is automatically blocaded where hostile powers share sea space even if its one vessel and you have a dozen, but you can't drive off the enemy ships without angering the Pope yourself. Ludicrous! I'm hoping a patch will do something to resolve this, but the only true solution may be to install Crusader Kings instead
              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
              H.Poincaré

Comment

Well i got it last week and have only had time for one 6hr session so far!
                Played as Denmark and apart from having weird heirs(one is insane and the other has five toes!no joke!), which doesn't bode well for the future - it seems quite tricky to expand much without angering the Pope and having a crusade declared against you.
                Still the atmosphere is excellent and the various additions over shogun that add that little bit more depth(vices+virtues etc) make this a great game. With EU2 as well my medieval education is improving! Things are looking up for the strat gamer.
                'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

It's a good game although the replayability is rather limited compared to EU II.

Two things that should have been in:
                  Better diplomatic options and a hotseat mode.
                  In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                  In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Yeah i agree on the Longevity thing(at least from initial impressions), i'm sort of hoping they will include more faction to play as too!
                    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Working...
                    X