The Sims addon and on and on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sims addon and on and on...

Just want to know if I'm the only one around, who's getting tired of Maxis keep making new addons for the sims...

Now they are making another addon (suprise :rolleyes ): The Sims - Unleashed (Which includes animals and some more things to do in the garden)

I play the game from time to time, but I haven't bought the last many addons (Don't want to spend tons of money for a game, I only play once every two weeks)...

What's your oppinion on this?
    I have bought all addons, and can't wait for Unleashed to be released...
    0.00%
    I have stopped buying the addons, would be interesting if Maxis started doing something else
    23.08%
    I have only bought 1-2 addons, they should have stopped long time ago, and spent their time on something else
    38.46%
    Addons? The game has addons?
    7.69%
    What is the Sims?
    7.69%
    If they make an addon with bananas, then I'd be happy
    23.08%
    This space is empty... or is it?

The number of add-ons are getting ridiculous. I think there are about 4 or five right now... and you can't download objects made with a higher version, so that makes your original version useless... They should package the game (I have yet to see a package with addons)
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
      The number of add-ons are getting ridiculous. I think there are about 4 or five right now... and you can't download objects made with a higher version, so that makes your original version useless... They should package the game (I have yet to see a package with addons)
      They have made some packages, though not the same thing as gold editions of other games...As the second addon was released, they made an Anniversary Edition (Which includes The Sims and Livin' Large...I bought that one...which was the only thing about The Sims I bought...), as they released the third addon, they made a party packade (Don't know the name of that one), which includes The Sims and the House Party addon (Livin' Large wasn't included, as far as I know)...

It's number 5 addon they are about to release

Off topic:
      How come I got two mails for one reply in this thread?

Comment

I got the original with the first 2 add-ons included. I'm not sure what it was called either, my box has long since been recycled.
        I also got Hot Date (because my fiance wanted it).

She's also interested in the latest add-on, but if she wants it she can buy it herself!
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

when I tried Sims my computer could not handle it

I have not tried it since (I have better computer games to spend my time on)

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Couldn't care less really.

The Sims bores me.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Urban- you should try downloading special units and creating stories.

I had Inspector Clouseau fighting a Terrorist Cell leader X and being informed by a talking Moose

I also had Darth Vader and Adolph Hitler sharing a pad. along with some stormtroopers and a pixie
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Well the addons are driving my little sister nuts. She can't decide which one to buy. In the end it really doesn't matter though. She can't play since I'm all the time on Apolyton.
                But the Star Wars skins DC mentioned I could try.
                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I like challenging myself with the Sims. I start a family of 8 people and try to get them to eventually have a large house filled with the best of everything. Initially though, they will have a house with only 8 beds, a fridge, toilet and shower. Maybe some seating if I can afford it then, but no wallpaper or floor tiles yet, as 20,000 doesn't go too far considering you spend most of it on land.

I then get my people jobs, start improving the house by adding floor tiles (which usually takes a few days considering their starting income), then wallpaper, more toilets and showers, and all those other useful things in life. It is quite difficult at the beginning as their mood is constantly being dragged down from their pathetic house, their initial jobs pay poorly, and have cheap beds so spend a long time sleeping. They don't have many skills they can increase yet, and as they can't use a stove (or will cause a fire), their food doesn't fill them up.

But for me, thats fun.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I like the Sims, but I won't buy any addons until they release some kind of combo gold edition.

What I like to do is make Sims who look like characters from TV shows. I have Sanford and Son in one house and the Bunkers from All in the Family in another.
                    "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                    —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

I normally have a male dressed as a stormtrooper, and 7 females wearing nice outfits.

Comment

I may get round to buying the Sims eventually, especially if it turns out their interactivity with SimCity 4 is more than just superficial. If I did, I'd want a bundled set rather than just the basic game.
                        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                        H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                          I like challenging myself with the Sims. I start a family of 8 people and try to get them to eventually have a large house filled with the best of everything. Initially though, they will have a house with only 8 beds, a fridge, toilet and shower. Maybe some seating if I can afford it then, but no wallpaper or floor tiles yet, as 20,000 doesn't go too far considering you spend most of it on land.

I then get my people jobs, start improving the house by adding floor tiles (which usually takes a few days considering their starting income), then wallpaper, more toilets and showers, and all those other useful things in life. It is quite difficult at the beginning as their mood is constantly being dragged down from their pathetic house, their initial jobs pay poorly, and have cheap beds so spend a long time sleeping. They don't have many skills they can increase yet, and as they can't use a stove (or will cause a fire), their food doesn't fill them up.

But for me, thats fun.
                          I have two of those kinds of game running at the moment...Though in game 1, my Sims all have the same jobs (Military bussines), the goal is to see which one get's to the top first (It's been a while since I last played on this one)...In my game 2, my Sims are all unemployed, to make their living, they all have to make some Garden Gnomes or pictures, they can sell...this is pretty difficult...Oh, and one more thing: The last family has NO doors to the outside, so they can't get any visitors/thiefes/firemen/newspaper/bills

Comment

no doors mean no bills?? cool
                            <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                            Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

At the start all my people have the same jobs, but as soon as possible I give them each a unique career track based on what seems to suit them. For instance, my aggressive looking redhead gets a job with the military, the dainty blonde as an actress, etc.

I will have to try that no-doors / no bills thing. Nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X