Whats Final Fantasy 10 Like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats Final Fantasy 10 Like?

I am a huge fan of the final fantasy series and have played them all up to number 10. The reason i havent played final fantasy 10 is because i havent been able to afford a playstation 2 but recently ive just got my first job after leaving school, and im now saving to buy one. I was just wondering, how good (or bad) is final fantasy 10? How does it compare to the other final fantasies? Im kinda hope it will be the best in the series. So can anyone who has played final fantasy 10 tell me what its like? Does it surpass the mighty final fantasy 7?

Great game. Possibly my personal favorite FF, but no matter what one of the best games I've played. I'm not sure what to say other than that there's good battle strategy, that excessive leveling up is not required (not that it has been in pretty much any FF since the NES days), and an excellent plot with some good characters and some good surprises. Some don't like a few of the voice actors, but I enjoyed 'em all.

Really the only "complaint" is that some of the mini-games at the tail end of the game are annoying, but they're purely optional and don't have to be done to complete the game (just for psycho-completionists who want every single weapon & armor).
    All syllogisms have three parts.
    Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

I agree with everything SnowFire said.

It is a really fantastic game, if you buy it I'm sure you won't regret it.

If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Thanks people. Youve given me something to look forward to!

Comment

Compared to other FF games its very, linear. Someone who is used to older FFs might feel confined since you never get to a world map and just wander around. You're always on some narrow channeled pathway to the next area. This isn't horrible, most of the time if you are wandering in an old FF you wont find anything.

But leveling up is silly now. Save points are like a free inn, so you just go on crazy sucicide missions right next to them.

Besides that its done a pretty good job of making all the characters useful, until near the end when some characters can gain powers they really shouldnt have and start becoming too godly. (Yuna with Firaga etc running around doing 2000+ miore damage on average than lulu.....flare is her only saving grace........)

Comment

But what about plot wise? I think thats the most important thing in rpgs. What is the plot of final fantasy 10 like? Is it as gripping as in final fantasy 7's?(you know shinra,sephiroth and all that) because to be honest i wasnt that impressed with the plot of final fantasy 8 or 9.(although they were still both quality games)

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Johnson
              Compared to other FF games its very, linear. Someone who is used to older FFs might feel confined since you never get to a world map and just wander around. You're always on some narrow channeled pathway to the next area. This isn't horrible, most of the time if you are wandering in an old FF you wont find anything.
              exactly.

wandering around in the old FF games was completely pointless. FF10 saves you from that because it doesn't let you do it.
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I'd agree, but the ability to wander aimlessly is a time cherished RPG trait. So central it is that it might be a genre changer.....but I need to think of a better name that flashy picture book + strategy element game.

Comment

You'll have no complaint with FFX plotwise. It's excellent.

Comment

Hmm... plotwise? A difficult question, because I liked both 7, 8, & 9, but in different ways. I like 10 in a different way too. It's not a 7-clone, but it's not the same as 8 or 9 either.

I will say these two things: the way the villians work is something both very conventional and yet new; don't know how you'll like it... and that if there's anything that pops up a lot in terms of semi-themes (like, say, Planet in FF7), it would be death. Make of that what you will.
                    All syllogisms have three parts.
                    Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Thanks for your responses people. Im really looking forward to it now. A while ago i thought that it cant be that much of a game, because there wasnt much hype surrounding the game.Unlike earlier final fantasy installments where all the magazines were claiming them to be the greatest games of all time and all that. Truth is, I havent actually heard that much about final fantasy 10. I reckon ill have the game in about four weeks from now as i just started my job as a plumber, and as soon as i can aford it im running down to woolworths! Ill then have to call in sick for the next week or so untill i complete the game! (thats what i did with final fantasy 9, i didnt go to school for a week, told my teachers i was on holiday!)

Comment

I wish I could do that frostycreep (about the skipping life for a week to play through FF9.) I own it, but I haven't even played it yet!
                        I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Working...
                        X