Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hardest Game/Level you've ever played(not necessarily beaten...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardest Game/Level you've ever played(not necessarily beaten...)

My vote is for Homeworld. That last mission is horrid. Still haven't beaten it in fact.
    When the stars threw down their spears,
    and water'd heaven with their tears,
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Tho it's a weenie game, my mom was a Tetris addict. In her prime she could always roll up ridiculously high scores, hundreds of levels into the game. I could hardly even identify the shape of the piece falling, and she'd scoot it into place.
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Comment

The Bouncer on PS2 is currently giving me some hang-ups... with as lousy of a level-up system as it has, when you get later into the game you just can't cut it. Still waiting to probably just get a gameshark and beat the thing... the main reason I got it was for the multiplayer battle mode.
      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Nothing has ever been as hard as Bard's tale 3 last dungeon. I had the clue/cheat/help book in my hand and could not do it in ten attempts before I just gave up!
        No light (can't see...black screen)
        No compass (where am I going [and why am I in this handbasket])
        Walk through a maze filled with spin and teleport squares in the right sequence to pass (this will make the game real fun...whatever!).

R:PM
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Serious Sam on Serious in particular the Dunes. I didn't make any further than that on serious I'm sure there were some older games which were really hard but I can't remember them at the moment.
          Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

I found WarCraft II very hard, until I mastered it. I've gotta say that Donkey Kong 64 is still harder, though.
            Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President
              I found WarCraft II very hard, until I mastered it. I've gotta say that Donkey Kong 64 is still harder, though.
              Agreed. I know only one person that beat the first level. From what she told me, it isn't that hard it is just impossible to figure out where you need to go. But I lost patience after about an hour of walking around the same places over and over again.
              About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Thief is difficult. Even at the end, one mistake could cost you your life. Playing each level without saving makes it almost impossible.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

What's this, a contest of masochistic tendencies?

"Oo, oo, this hurts bad."
                  "No, no, this is worse."
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

1942... even when I was good at it, I could make it through at most half of the game.
                    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                    -Joan Robinson

Comment

I remember that some Commandos missions where really hard, I beat them all though and the last mission was actually quite easy.
                      Interested in creating a TBS game similar to Colonization?
                      Have a look here !
                      New C++ programmers needed!

Comment

There was also this one red alert mission, that my friend and I spent 2 hours defeating the allies in, then another 2 hours searching for camo. pillboxes that were so expertly hidden. That's the thing that pissed me off about red alert. You didn't win until you killed everything, even if the opponent had NO chance whatsoever.

Reminds me of this 8 player game we played. The rules were: winner is person with most kills among those who survive. One guy went out and killed a lot of people. I took it easy, then sent my MiGs to rain death on the survivors. I quickly mopped up everyone including this guy, but I'd missed his subpen long enough for him to build 3 subs. I couldn't find them before time was called, and he was declared winner by kill count Even though I had a base and an army, an airforce, and a navy, and he had 3 subs.
                        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                        -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
                          1942... even when I was good at it, I could make it through at most half of the game.
                          What's this? The arcane game where your lone plane takes on the entire IJN?

Or is that 1943?
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Commandos 2 is one of the more challanging games I've ever played.
                            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

IJN?
                              -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                              X