Review for NWN: 25 out of 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review for NWN: 25 out of 50

I recently found this online review for Neverwinter Nights. All in all, the reviewer seemed to think that the game was pretty mediocre...

So is Neverwinter Nights the Diablo II killer it was promised to be? Sadly, no. It isn't even a Diablo I killer! The game pretends to be so much that it’s not and comes off as a lackluster, slow-paced Dungeon Siege. I’d suggest saving your money for the next big MMORPG or expansion pack for Dungeon Siege.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

You DO know what site that review came from, don't you?
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

The guy is obviously a Diablo fan.

Comment

Its a spoof site. Some of the reviews are hilarious.
        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
        H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
          Its a spoof site. Some of the reviews are hilarious.
          Yeah, but the joke gets old very quickly and I suspect that many of the so-called 'flames' are themselves spoofs.

In any case, getting sci-fi and fantasy fans (see the reviews of Star Wars and LOTR) angry by criticising their beloved genre is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Comment

Yes it doesn't take much. I saw a repeat of the Parkinson interview with Samuel L Jackson a few days ago. He was laughing about all the SW fans freaking out about his purple lightsaber when it had just come about because he wanted to be different, not because of some deep plot meaning.
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

That was a great interview ... the one with Kevin Spacey was even better - he can do a perfect Al Pacino impression.

SomethingAwful is an amusing site, the funniest bit is the weird pictures he puts next to all the flame quotes. Do those people really exist?

Comment

Working...
              X