FF I and II coming to PSOne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FF I and II coming to PSOne

Gamespot is reporting that Final Fantasy I and II are coming to PS one, which of course can be played on PS2. Have not ever finished either one. Sounds like a console game I should be looking to pick up.
    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

I downloaded the roms of FF1 and FF2 and wasnt paticulary impressed with either of them. Personally i think the final fantasy games only became really good from final fantasy 5 onwards.

Comment

Originally posted by frostycreep
      I downloaded the roms of FF1 and FF2 and wasnt paticulary impressed with either of them. Personally i think the final fantasy games only became really good from final fantasy 5 onwards.
      Wich one do you think is THE best one?
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

FF1 was good

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

FF3/6 was the only one I remember fondly.

'though if I where to play it today I would hate it.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Why would you hate FF6 if you played it today?

Also, I'm going to have to agree with frostycreep... FF5 on up are proably the best...

Then of course, the other contenders are Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, along with Secret of Mana 1 & 2.

Trust me, finding a translated ROM of SoM 2 is worth it! I'm not talking Legends of Mana that came out on PSone.
            I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Originally posted by FlameFlash
              Why would you hate FF6 if you played it today?
              Because final fantasy games are completely linear, and the combat/random encounters in the games are extremely tedious and annoying.

I'd rather spend my time reading a book, that way I can get a better story, and I don't have to go through all that annoying **** to advance the plot.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

*nods* Though books can be just as bad.

Take Robert Jordan's series... (now I loved Eye of the World myself, and ordered the second one in the series too) the characters in Eye of the World all raced to get to one special point... as the book progressed there were the seemingly "random" battles and attacks that took place.

The random battles are there to hopefully spark a sense of tension in FF6... if your party is left underequipped even a random battle (though not very often) can take them out.

Besides, in dungeons on the PSone version you can quadruple your speed by simply equipping sprint shoes and holding the O button. A lot fewer random battles that way.

Comment

FF5 and from then on the best? But you are forgetting FF4!
                  The random encounters are a real pain, and I hope that Square could find a way to not have them.
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Crap!!!!

*considers running out into the street to play in traffic.*

You're right, how could I have forgotten FF4? Now, only the hard version (Japan version) because the US version was just way too easy and most certainly one of the most linear FF games of all time.

FF5 & 6 had a lot of extra stuff that you could skip (like not using all the job classes and not getting GoGo and some other characters in 6.)

FF7 was overly linear in my mind... sure you've got a few things to pick up... well, I'm going to try replaying it now that it's been a while pretty soon... have to beat Chrono Cross and FF4-6 first. Trying to just play through all the square games that have been converted to the PSOne & 2.

Comment

Final Fantasy 2 (Japanese) is a really terrible game. Basically it amounts to a giant exercise in self mutiliation.

Comment

How does it do that, Cygnus?

Comment

PSOne
                          In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                          In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Originally posted by August Borms
                            PSOne
                            The original play station. It is still being sold but in a new case under the name PSOne. It is also the title being refrenced to when a new game comes out for the original play station.
                            About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Final Fantasy 2 introduced a new sort of system for leveling. Instead of gaining levels at certain amounts of EXP, you would gain individual attributes based on usage. You would gain HP whenver you got hit, and MP whenever you cast a spell.

Now, in theory this should allow you to play through the game leveling up correctly as the game progresses. This doesn't happen though, and you'll end up having to spend time "leveling up".

How do you level up in such a game? Easy, order your fighter to hit all your characters to 5 HP, and at the end of every battle you'll get a HUGE boost to your maximum HP. Rinse, lather and repeat.

FF2j was easily the worst of the series

Comment

Working...
                              X