Hearts of Iron - Q&A, Screenshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearts of Iron - Q&A, Screenshots

Wouldn't know if this goes here or in the EU forum, but that one is dead as a ... y'know.

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

(Thanks to the people on the HoI boards for finding it)

Cheers,

The screenshots are giving me a hardon.
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

I want this. Now.

Comment

Don't we all?
        In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
        In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

A recap. Seeing the screenshots, I felt like wanting to take in all the available info in one go; letting it all work its pleasures in my imagination. Along with Gamespot, these are the relevants that I know of:

HoI @ Paradox

Strategy Gaming Online - Hearts of Iron Feature

HomeLan Fed Interview with Fredrik Malmberg

HoI FAQ (Compiled from the boards)

Now for dealing with that hard-on. . . Cheers,

Comment

Will someone please give me a winning lotto ticket so I can cease this pointless toiling to earn a salary and just play games all day. There are just too many out there that deserve weeks or months of uninterrupted attention, and this one will be top of my list!

I keep trying to (re)play Clash of Steel but its no good, it just won't work on any PC I possess any more.
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

Right now there are few games a feel like playing, though IWD2 comes soon. Unfortunantly(?) Hearts of Iron is going to come out when many other good games are coming out, including Lionheart. I am kinda greatful Crusader Kings was moved back. I wouldn't know what to do with that many good games at one time.
              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Well both EU & EU2 (North Am) were rushed (tho supported admirably), and I very much hope Paradox takes its time with HoI. I wouldn't mind waiting a few months more than October if it means a more polished game, free of the obvious glitches & bugs.

Comment

Any further info on the release date? It says 2003 on SGO... Waaaaah I want it NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Wow, this really looks cool. I've been wanting a WW2 game for quite some time.
                    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Well both EU & EU2 (North Am) were rushed

Actuall, that should be EU (Europe) and EU2 (North America) were rushed.
                      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

They may have been rushed a bit but I believe a lot of the subsequent improvements came from the really enthusiastic testing and discussion of historical minutae that came from having the game played by the general public. If the game actually crashed on you a lot when it first arrived then I can see why you would disagree. I was not affected by too many crash problems so they didn't make me lose patience.
                        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                        H.Poincaré

Comment

EU2 crashed on me all the time, until the first patch came out, and now it works fine.

As long as HoI gets the basics right, technical issues like that upon first release won't bug me that much.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Tannu-Tuva is in! I hope it's an indication as to the detail of this thing.

I've got the NA version of EU2 and have had no tech problems with it (patch or no patch) but, considering how more focused HoI is, I think there'll be even less of a tolerance of quirks and bizarre outcomes than for EU2. It'll be exciting to see how it measures up.

Comment

Working...
                            X