Palm OS games: Know any good ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palm OS games: Know any good ones?

When sitting on a train, I need a Palm OS game to stop me from staring at the other passengers. Dope Wars is good, but I think I've had enough now.
    "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
    "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
    - Pekka

Bejewelled is mindlessley addictive.
    What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

Never heard of it.
      Where can I find it?
      - Pekka

Comment

Hmmm. go to Poptop Games.

should find it there I believe.
        What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

I see:

I can get it for $15 US or all of these in one pack for $30 US:
          Bejeweled;Mummy Maze; Seven Seas;Alchemy; Atomica!

Anybody heard of these other games?
          - Pekka

Comment

Now you've gotten me started:
            Top 10 Palm OS games
            Yikes! there is even SimCity.
            - Pekka

Comment

Bebop is a good game, and sim city. spy hunter is a good arcade game.
              there are many 'free' (ahem) games at this site: http://mrtaxi.karnt.com/a-i.htm
              Just my 2p.
              Which is more than a 2 cents, about one cent more.
              Which shows you learn something every day.
              formerlyanon@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by MattyBoy
                I can get it for $15 US or all of these in one pack for $30 US:
                Bejeweled;Mummy Maze; Seven Seas;Alchemy; Atomica!
                I would not recommend spending money on Palm OS games. The system just doesn't have the resources to support any game that would rate it worth spending money on. Especially since you can buy games for five dollars in bargin bins that are filled with strategy, adventure, or whatever at any local computer store.

Instead, as tishco said, there are plenty of free games. Check download.com and type in Palm OS, games. They have a bunch. Some are shareware but there is a bunch of freeware as well. There are other sites as well. You can get all kinds of games from SimCity to Monopoly. And who knows, maybe FreeCiv will come to Palm OS as well . But I just would not spend money on any of these games.
                About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Thanks tishco & tniem,
                  I have picked up the 3 games you mentioned, tishco.
                  - Pekka

Comment

i dont seem to have found any civ type games on palm os.
                    there is some 4x space games, but they are sub master of orion 1, with no diplomacy or anything, so boring
                    Just my 2p.
                    Which is more than a 2 cents, about one cent more.
                    Which shows you learn something every day.
                    formerlyanon@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by tishco
                      i dont seem to have found any civ type games on palm os.
                      there is some 4x space games, but they are sub master of orion 1, with no diplomacy or anything, so boring
                      Civ type games take a lot of work on AI and such to make them fun and worthwile. It is not suprising that no one has taken the time to complete something like that on Palm OS. It is both not commercially viable and very smart to attempt something of that magnitude.
                      About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Play Report:
                        Spy Hunter is cool
                        Sim City needs more time from me before I can see anything in it (but I've never played the PC versions)
                        Bebops is lots of fun. I'm not sure what my purpose is, but it is perfect as a train game.
                        - Pekka

Comment

Does anybody know,
                          is The Bebops anything like The Sim's?
                          (probably not many Bebops players out there, I'll grant).

Also,
                          FYI
                          let me know if you'd like details of good PAC-man or try http://www.seimitsu.demon.co.uk/graviton.htm#GRAVITON for an arcade game (Like Defender on Valium)
                          - Pekka

Comment

SpaceTrader is a good one if you're familiar with the Escape Velocity series on the Macintosh... basically a slimmed down version of that.

For those of you not, obviously the name says a lot, it's a space trader game... I wish I could think of the similar game on the PC with strange aliens and sound effects and such (funnier and lighter than EV).

Also, DopeWars, and (I can't remember the name of the other one) is a Star Trek game where you just shoot at other ships on a grid with phasers and torpedoes... when you make enough kills you can upgrade your ship.

Those are my two cents, going to follow some of the links offered and try them out.
                            I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Thanks FF,
                              Looks like I'm stuck on Bebop for a little while, but I'll download these for when my mood changes
                              - Pekka

Comment

Working...
                              X