• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morrowind specs

I have the following:

1GHz AMD Athlon processor
    256MB RAM
    32MB Geforce2

I was just wondering how morrowind would run on this sort of system (seeing as the requirements stated on the box mean bugger all). I'm particularly worried about the Athlon processor - they seem to suck for some reason. e.g. GTA3 is jerky despite everthing being turned right down.

Thanks for any help.

a 1ghz athlon is better than any 1ghz pentium you're gonna find, i got an 1800xp, 256mb ram, and a gf4 mx, GTA3 and Morrowind both run fine with me, i can run GTA3 in 1024*768, i think Morrowind also runs in 1024
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

I'm running it on basically that spec only with a Radeon 7200 (64mb) with no problems.

Comment

I'm running satisfactorily on an 800 Athlon - but see my post on the last page of 'Morrowind Experiences' and you should have no trouble at all...

SG[1]
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Thanks people! One thing though SG - how big is the nocd crack? My gaming computer isn't connected to the internet so i would have to transfer the DL by floppy disk. I suppose i could get the game update from a demo CD but the crack could be a problem.

Comment

Sorry! Just looked it up - 1.6MB. Damn. And it's in zip form. Any suggestions on how to get around this?

Comment

There are file splitting utilities around but I don't have one anymore. Some internet searching should turn up a freebie.
              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
              H.Poincaré

Comment

WinZip can do that. I think the file is already compressed with Ace, though, so make sure you have WinAce.

Comment

Thanks Grumbold! I didn't know file splitting utilities existed. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X