The Corporate Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Corporate Machine

This is a fun and addictive little game by Stardock, the folks who are doing GalCiv.

Download the very playable demo...

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

*bump*
    *bump*

*how many times can you bump? Without doing the *hump* *hump*

Love that demo

Comment

I played the original Entrepreneur game!
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Downloading now. Is it worth playing the demo - can I get far enough before they cut me out of the loop? Or is it a game that I will need to buy to play?

Is it worth the cost?
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

I haven't paid the $20 for the full version yet, but will when I get more time to play the game multiplayer, etc.

In the demo, you get to build your own computer company. In broad brushstrokes, it goes through the history of the computer and integrated circuits.

Good fun.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Downloaded the demo, will give it a try this weekend.
            About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Played my first game this afternoon. Won on the easiest difficulty. Found it really fun but not worth spending money on. I guess I will play on some tougher difficulties and see how it goes. But it was a lot of fun.

Thanks for the info Dan!

Comment

Good fun, but I just don't see it having that much replay value.

Comment

Ratchet it up to a medium level and it's pretty challenging. The A.I. is good and you are forced to play a balanced game.

Comment

How much money do you usually start with?

Comment

I start with the default. $20,000?

Comment

Working...
                      X