Are you up to a Doom2 challenge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you up to a Doom2 challenge?

Here are two maps you should try. Looks like it's been already four years since I made them, but that's of no importance.

The first one was supposed to be the first level of an entire episode, so you don't get so many weapons. You start in a prison cell and you have to make your way outta there. Going berserk is profitable on this one.

The other one, The Pentagon of Destruction should be a challenge for anyone. Good old Doom Mega Mayhem. The original concept was to telefrag Cyberdemons and that's what you can do, if you're up to it. It's not that difficult, but the only thing is that if you fumble it really hurts. Any way, megaspheres should give you some aid, so you should try to get rid of some of them before proceeding with the nice progression on that level, since later on, Cyber Demons and Arch-viles aren't the only company you'll have.

If you can beat the Pentagon on UV without saving, I salute you. I've done it - once I think. :P

Multiplayer (DM and co-operative) and skill levels implemented in both levels and the first level has places that are accessible only in certain a skill level. I've never played them in MP though.
    Fetissinsä kullakin...

The first one sounds interesting. If I have the time, I'll try it.

OTOH, the second one seems like a typical newbie level. Newbies have a tendency to throw in a Cyber or five, as well as give the BFG right off the bat, among other mistakes.
    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

I will take up your challenge as a long time Doom player since 1995...I will see what I can do
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

here's a real doom challenge. speed running! check it out.

Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

I might also do it... all in all, also a longtimer . Well, if the Cyberdemons in Pentagon are possible to take on one by one... ah hell, I can download it right now, suppose my prboom will handle it.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
          X