Suggest a game to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggest a game to me

I've been considering many computer games out on the market right now, and I would like to hear opinions from people who have actually played them. I dont want to buy another dud like Tropico, which was only fun the first time or two playing.

Some games I've heard a lot of good things about, are they really good?
    Empire Earth
    Baldur's Gate 2

Some games I've seen that the concept sounds fun, but havent heard one way or the other if theyre actually good games:
    Superpower
    Freedom Force

Obviously being here I like strategy games like Civ3 and StarCraft. I also would like to find a good rpg to play, because I've had less and less time to play real life rpgs.
    "Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality" Jules de Gaultier, French writer

The best rpg will always be final fantasy 7. As for the other games you mentioned, I cant really help you. I havent played them yet because ive been too busy playing civ3! But i have also heard a lot of good things about empire earth.......

Comment

I found Empire Earth rather mediocre, but I'm not a big fan of rts games. (it has a pretty good editor, and the 3 historical campaigns were fun, but I stopped playing after finishing them )

Baldur's Gate 2 is in my top 3 of best rpg's together with Fallout 2 and Planescape Torment. It's even more fun if you've played BG 1.

I loved the idea behind Superpower but it turned out to be a horrible game
      In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
      In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Europa Universalis 2.
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

The best rpg will always be final fantasy 7.

Nope, that title goes to Fallout .

Baldur's Gate 2 is awesome though! Get it .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

thanks for the input!
            "Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality" Jules de Gaultier, French writer

Comment

If you don't already have it, get Europa Universalis 2.

And do not get superpower under any circumstances!
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Hmmm....

SomeOneElse
                NotYouEither

DL??
                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Freedom Force is a great game. Well worth the money. Haven't even tried the MP games it supports yet...just solo campaign...and it was lots of fun.
                  Life and death is a grave matter;
                  all things pass quickly away.
                  Each of you must be completely alert;
                  never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

buy Fallout 2 if you don't have it yet, should be cheap and it is a good game, Morrowind looks also good.
                    SuperPower is bugged as hell.
                    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Pro Evolution Soccer.

Comment

Does the DL dance.

Just incase.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I'm playing System Shock 2 now. That's a fabulous RPG/FPS.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by JohnIII
                            Pro Evolution Soccer.
                            Absolutely positively the best soccer game ever made!

If you don't like soccer then don't touch it with a 40-foot pole, though.
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Hmmm....

SomeOneElse
                              NotYouEither

DL??

I'm no DL, I'm my own person, with my own thoughts and feelings.

I'm not really sad, but I'm also really not a DL

Comment

Working...
                              X