FIFA 2002 vs FIFA World Cup 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIFA 2002 vs FIFA World Cup 2002

Ok, I've had FIFA 2002 for several months. The thing that put me off the game, however, is an apparent bug where the players sometimes go into several 1-2 passes on their own accord even though I'd actually removed that option from my joystick. The result is that sometimes when on the defense a defender will pass to the goalkeeper who will then turn around and score an own goal, totally out of my control! This is annoying as you can imagine, and even with the automatic updated patch, there still seem to be problems. Is it to do with my Sidewinder 3D controller, or have they not taken that one into account anymore, preferring to concentrate on the Microsoft pads instead?

Anyway, what I'm wondering about is how much of an improvement the FIFA World Cup 2002 game is? Better graphics? Even better gameplay? But, more importantly, if I get it will I still have the same problem with my Sidewinder or was it simply a bug that they never bothered to fix?

In a nutshell, is there any more in the gameplay of the World Cup version that makes it worth getting even though I've got the plain version?
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Well, I use a Gravis GamePad Pro to play my games, and it works pretty well with the FIFA series.
    The 1-2 seems to have improved, but it's almost the only way to score
    I miss the option to be able to play a good cross in and head a goal in.

One thing that's improved incredibly is the way players look. Del Piero really looks like the real Del Piero, and the same goes for most of the players in the game, although I'm a bit doubtful about whether or not they know what Elber looks like
    Another great thing is that "automatic" player actions have been improved: e.g. when the ball is near the touchline the player will automatically make a sliding move to keep it in play, or when a player takes the ball with an opponent near, he'll turn away.
    Quite some nice additions.

There are some downsides:
    - The choice of countries is (of course) very limited; you can choose the countries participating in the World Cup plus some other countries like Norway, Switzerland and one or two other utter sh*te countries;
    - There's no possibility to delete old savegames, so you end up with an entire list of savegames

All in all a quite nice game, but not worth paying the money they ask for it really.

Comment

Ow, and another thing, there is no Training option. Not that I really do a lot with it, but I like to get the hang of free kicks in the FIFA series since the free kick thing changes in every edition of the series.

Comment

FIFA WC 2002 must be the worst fotball game I've ever played.

Comment

I've seen and played worse, but FIFA World Cup 98 is still the best

Comment

Get Pro Evolution Soccer. It is full of pure footballing goodness.

Comment

Isn't that on the Playstation?

(I don't have a Playstation.)

Comment

PS2 and PSX. I don't have a PlayStation 2, but that game makes me want one so badly.

Comment

Working...
                X