Ascendancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my gosh!

I still ahve this game... until the TLF forums closed down a few months ago, I was one of the biggest posters there. We posted on that forum for years, just a handful of Ascend fanatics... and actually talked with TLF guys one in a blue moon. They got a new site (good) but they removed the forums (bad) so the communioty is gone... but I still hold out the distant hope for Ascend2, something that TLF says it is working on.

Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Cyclo: What's their tagline? "Ascendancy 2: More than a slideshow" is it?
      "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
      "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Originally posted by moominparatrooper
        That's right --

Ascendancy 2: This Time There's a Real Game Behind the Pretty Pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by cyclotron7
          Oh my gosh!

I still ahve this game... until the TLF forums closed down a few months ago, I was one of the biggest posters there. We posted on that forum for years, just a handful of Ascend fanatics... and actually talked with TLF guys one in a blue moon. They got a new site (good) but they removed the forums (bad) so the communioty is gone... but I still hold out the distant hope for Ascend2, something that TLF says it is working on.

www.logicfactory.com
          Oh my Gawd...I went there by accident or to look at some ai stuff and saw all of those posts by you. You mena that there will not be a sequel. Seems like there are enough 4X space games in dev to keep everyone happy.

On a lighter side, I remember trying to code the universe rotation for that game.

R:PM
          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by moominparatrooper
            Well, I liked Ascend 1... Suppoesdly, Ascend2 will be "massively multiplayer." But believe me, the Ascendancy forum and I talked for years about how that would be pulled off, and we still have no idea!

The TLF forum was my first "forum experience..." I'm sure I would have been a diety.

EDIT: We used to have a fan site called "Ascendancy Island," but I can't find it anywhere. Oh well...
            Last edited by Cyclotron; June 4, 2002, 12:23.
            Lime roots and treachery!
            "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

This game proved to me that you can have good graphics without

1) Windows

2) Alot of disk space.

Yes, written in good old DOS, this game proved that you can have good graphics and having to use Windows was just a myth. You see, DOS graphics use up far less overheads so you save on disk space as well.

What annoyed me about the game though was that it was too easily to go into "automatic" play mode by pressing the advance to next day button and forgetting to deal with your enemy which you knew had turned up on your doorstop but with the other things you were doing you had forgotten and now he's taken your planet or he's got away and you could have easily have dealt with him.

That happened with a game I was playing, I could have wiped the blighter out but pushed the advance button without thinking and it was a colony ship so then I spent ages having to deal with a colonised planet or it was something like that, I can't remember all the details now but it was frustrating.
              Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
              Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Working...
              X