The "I got GTA3 PC" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "I got GTA3 PC" thread

Got it. Gonna load it, and kill someone.

Missions? We don't need no steenking missions ...

Yeah ... go for it Anunikoba ... steal those cars and kill those innocent civilians!

I've got GTA3 for my PS2 ... it was a really fun game for a while, I still load it up every now and again when I feel the urge to go on a killing spree.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

The official home of Rockstar Games

Comment

What are the system reqs?
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Recommended: 700 mhz CPU, 128MB RAM, 32MB Direct 3D Video Card, Fully DirectX compatible Sound Card, 8X CD-Rom, 500MB free hard disk space, Win 98/ME/2000/XP, Direct X 8.1

Minimum: Pentium III 450 CPU, 64MB RAM, 16MB Direct 3D Video Card, Fully DirectX compatible Sound Card, 8X CD-Rom, 500MB free hard disk space, Win 98/ME/2000/XP, Direct X 8.1
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Yipes! Won't be long now, and I'll be totally obsolete...
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I already am obsolete .... *sniff* ... if I want to buy any of the Next Big Thing titles from the summer onwards (Neverwinter Nights, Morrowind, Warcraft III ... etc ...) I'll have to upgrade my system and I don't think I can budget for that with several thousand pounds of student debt.

oh well...

at least I can play GTA3 on my PS2 ... and Final Fantasy 10 comes out this week so that should nicely ruin all my exam grades.

When I fail my exams I can steal a few cars and go on a massive murder campaign throughout GTA3 ... the city in the game doesn't have a University, though, does it? ... shame ...
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Whoops, double post.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I've been slowly 'upgrading' my computer as it breaks down, so parts of it are obsolete while others are up to date.

My sound card, which has some conflicts with direct x8.1, is stoping me from playing alot of the newer games.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I need to do the core upgrading (motherboard, CPU, RAM) soon. I am noticing how much the swap-file is in use with these newer games because I only have 128MB of RAM.

Plus its a 100mghz FSB system, which sucks. But what's worse, is my CPU is an overclocked Celeron 566- got it running at 850, which means I am at my limits for OCing.

I've had my eye on a P4 1700 for a while, with appropriate mobo and RAM; its economical, even though this hardware is even considered only mid-range stuff.

Comment

This game is fun! Think i should get a PS2?
                      Attached Files
                      ...tried to sit in my lap while I was standing up. Marlowe
                      The revolution is not only televised, but 40% off. T.
                      You SCROOOOOOOED it up, Bobby Terry!! Walkin Dude

Comment

Originally posted by Freeze
                        This game is fun! Think i should get a PS2?
                        Well if you do and don't like, here is one poor college boy that would love the donation...
                        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

How is the handeling? PC seems too... clumsy to do a driving/fighting game like this.
                          "Dave, if medicine tasted good, I'd be pouring cough syrup on my pancakes." -Jimmy James, Newsradio

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by gopher
                            How is the handeling? PC seems too... clumsy to do a driving/fighting game like this.
                            I find the PC controls (keyboard/mouse) to be just fine. It took me a little time to get used to a driving game, but I am doing fine now.

I can't imagine a PS2 gamepad is better for control.

Comment

I've never really found console controls to be easy.
                              But then, I'm biased towards PCs.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                              X