Trade Empires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Empires

Recently, I came across Trade Empires for $15.00, that's about 1/2 what it usually goes for. I snapped it up, having waited for months for the price to drop down to the reasonable level.

It's kinda like Railroad Tycoon II...only not as good.

I recommend you spend your money on something else.

OK....you shoulda read PC Gamer before wasting $15
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
    Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Okay then, I recommend you spend your money on a subscription to PC gamer.

Comment

I was expecting something better from Frog City after Imperialism. Oh well...

Comment

On the whole, I think economic games such as Trade Empires are much harder to make realistic and interesting than are war games such as Imperialism.

Comment

It would certainly seem that this company found it to be so. Then again, Patrician II was a big hit in Germany apparently, so perhaps some games just aren't written with the US/UK strategy player in mind? I certainly find some popular German boardgames brilliant and others just mind numbingly tedious.
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

I really wanted to like trade empires but it just didn't quite work for me.
              The game itself seems fairly sound but i struggled with the interface. There's alot of micromanagement and the routes, goods and traders weren't easily identifiable as in Railroad Tycoon. I spent too long trying to work out who was doing what and trying to see who was making money was a whole new task.
              Maybe i'll go back to it as there seems to be a very detailed game in there if i can make the effort. There's a small but dedicated number of fans on the eidos forums so it must be doing something right ?
              On the plus side the support and feedback from frog city on the board is an example of how to keep your fans happy and informed.

Comment

Working...
              X