No announcement yet.

Axis & Allies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the first round?! Thats a very very bold move for the Brits/US. They won't be able to garrison those provinces with new builds until the next round and they don't have too many reinforcements available.
    Yes but it is safe. First, the Sovs can put up to 4 armor in Novosibirsk to counter any Japanese move. If Japan fails to take China on round 1, the US keeps its two infantry in Sinkiang, sticks a factory there, and is essentially safe, along with a British India factory - 3 inf + 1 fighter initially, 1 or 2 inf can be transported first turn to India depending on the Germans, plus 3 units a turn in India. If Japan doesn't get China on T1, or if a US counter takes it back, Japan is ****ed.

A strong German offensive against Karelia will tie up the Sov's
    A turn 1 or 2 German attack on Karelia will make the Allies laugh - they'll simply give Asia to Japan (at least not fight hard for it), and crush Germany long, long before Japan has made significant progress.

and a (limited admittedly) sealift capability Japan could threaten or even take those provinces before the allies can defend them.
    Not if the UK sacrifices its tranny on UK1, by putting it in the French IndoChina seazone. This blocks amphibious moves against India for 1 vital turn, and any subsequent amphibious attacks are useless in that they put Japan's transports out of position, unable to counter a Russian push into Manchuria.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
    Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

any Brit who puts a factory on India is going to lose it. I remove all units from the Philappines if I have to- I usually do. I can reinforce that later if the americans are threatening or the Brits pick up some infantry from Australia and are in range. And if I'm playing someone decent I often forgo other attacks on Asia to prevent strecthing myself too thin. Capturing a factory on turn one more than makes up for not taking an American chinese territory or Russian territory. that's 15 credits you didn't have to spend yourself.

conclusion: any Brit who puts factory on India turn one will lose it.

Case Closed

Comment

any Brit who puts a factory on India is going to lose it
        If a good Brit player is playing a good Japanese player, he'll keep the India factory for several turns. If it's an excellent British player, he can keep it 7-8 turns, which is plenty of time to kill Germany.

I can reinforce that later if the americans are threatening or the Brits pick up some infantry from Australia and are in range. And if I'm playing someone decent I often forgo other attacks on Asia to prevent strecthing myself too thin.
        You're forgetting a couple of things. First, the US can counter with at least 2 infantry and a fighter, and Russia can counter with up to 4 tanks and 2 fighters. This means the Brits can still put units in India on T2, but Japan is ****ed because they are out of units on Asia and their transports are out of position. Likely the Russians will also come storming out of Yakut with 6 or 7 infantry, to add even more pressure.
        Also, the Brits can put their transport in the Indochina sea zone, blocking any turn one amphibious attacks on India, and by Turn 2 there should be at least 6 infantry and a fighter in India, with a Brit tank and infantry ready to move in on Turn 3, in addition to the Russian armor in Novosibirsk.

conclusion: Please, please, please, go for India on Turn 1. Please. It'll save the Allies a couple hours of wearing down the Axis, and the Allies will effectively win on Turn 1. A Brit factory in India, reinforced by African troops and given time to build by the transport, with a set up for a Russian counterattack is standard Allied play.
        Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

not this night. I am all over www.wwiionline.com tonight

Comment

I prefer Axis&Allies European Theater, myself.
            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

can the brits build units in that factory? I'm not sure of the rules on that one. I guess they can if America got the territory back for them.

But then the chinese territories are undefended. So Japan should then be able to get India in the third or fourth turn. A lot of U.S. players I have played with are selfish and won't give up their own territory points to help out a British player. But I guess I have played with crappy players in the past.

Comment

A couple of questions for you all:

1) Where can one play A&A online?

2) What are your opinions on A&A European Theatre and
                A&A Pacific Theatre? (board games)

3) Can the two A&A games be linked and played as one
                huge game?

Thanks in advance......................
                signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Haupt. Dietrich
                  A couple of questions for you all:

2) What are your opinions on A&A European Theatre and
                  A&A Pacific Theatre? (board games)

3) Can the two A&A games be linked and played as one
                  huge game?

Thanks in advance......................
                  (1)I love 'em

(2)Not really.
                  Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar

(1)I love 'em

(2)Not really.

Thanks, esp. regarding (2). Since I will only buy one of these board games it will have to be the european theatre. My favorite from WW2.

Comment

Originally posted by Haupt. Dietrich

Thanks, esp. regarding (2). Since I will only buy one of these board games it will have to be the european theatre. My favorite from WW2.
                      Yep, but the European Theater game can take forever, IMHO opinion. But once you take Moscow...it's smooth sailing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar

Yep, but the European Theater game can take forever, IMHO opinion. But once you take Moscow...it's smooth sailing.
                        I see, I guess I'll have to find someone who is willing to play for a while. Either that or I just play solitare.

Comment

Working...
                        X