CivIII; does something better exists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CivIII; does something better exists?

I have played CIVI and found it a revelation.

CIVII was better.

SMAC was going all the way.

And today I can only say that the AI of CIVIII is so far the best.

Can anybody tell me if there is something similar or even better on the market in TBS?

I've played all civ games and after civ2 I've really enjoyed Master of Orion2. If you haven't played it yet, I suggest you get to the shop immediately and order it. I'm not playing it anymore as I'm waiting for MOO 3.

AJ
    " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
    - emperor level all time
    - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

For me Civ(1) was great, civ2 was ok, SMAC sucked that much, so I never ever finnished a game, CtP(1 and 2) had some great things, but too many holes, Civ3 rules. Civ3 is the best TBS I have ever played, though I must admit I'm more into Tycoon types of games, so for me there exists better games...
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Best TBS I ever played was Jagged Alliance 2...nothing and I mean nothing goes above this thing..
        On second place comes Age of Wonders...a fantasy TBS mix of Civ and magic...awesome
        As a wargamer Civ3 sucked IMO, if you can build 50 different military units and can't use them properly why the hell are they there in the first place....I had more fun with Risk II....

Something better?? Well, keep an eye on Age of Wonders II(www.ageofwonders.com), download the demo and check it out...massive improvements over the first one and as CivIII did, more user-friendly.
        Last edited by da_jaymz; May 14, 2002, 17:33.
        Some people never get crazy...but truly boring lives they must lived...

Comment

I liked XCOM, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, Pirates!, Wasteland, Red Baron, Gunship, MULE, Command HQ and some more better

Comment

SMAC was a great game, if only for the storyline. Extremely well-thought out...
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Well, personally I will take Civ II and Civ I over Civ III. Especially Civ I. I think that was the most fun of the three by far.

SMAC is also better. Has a lot of interesting design concepts and features that were cut from Civ III, which made it in some ways a step back from SMAC. So I would SMAC is probably the best TBS out there.
              About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Try Europa Universalis 2. Granted, its a RTS game, but it has nothing to do with games like Command and Conquer, Starcraft or Age of empires. It's a grand, strategic empire-building game. Just like Civ 3, except that its in real-time. Moreover, its much more historical than Civ 3, giving it a lot more flavor.
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

civ2 is better

Comment

EU2.
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

modded CtP2 -- part of the Civ genre and beats Civ3 hands down...
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                      X