Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Progress Quest: No more micromanagement in a RPG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress Quest: No more micromanagement in a RPG!

check it out at :

the sheer amount of diversity of stuff puts diablo and its ilk to shame.
    it seems like a lot of fun, too. just without the tension.

takes a bit longer to level up, but isn't as demanding on your time, paradoxically.

edit: fix link
    Last edited by Father Beast; May 14, 2002, 07:30.
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

3 Kobold Penises.

Comment

Yup, I found out about PQ from the http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=46307 thread.

I got up to Level 51, then got bored. The problem is, your character is such a moron when it comes to buying equipment! The fun of the game is seeing the shiny new stuff you get, and instead of saving up, he always pays roughly the same amount, and with the amount of Strength I had at this point- hence a large load- he had enough for about 10 "new" items, often times buying replacements for items he had just got a replacement for. And thus you progress very slowly through the +15/+20 average bonus levels to the +25/+30 average bonus levels (And so on), and I'd seen all the nifty prefixes and suffixes already. Now, if my character could just have a brain and merely buy one thing each trip, he could get what an "average" Level 100er could get! And if he could store up after maybe 2 or 3 trips to the Killing Fields, imagine the shininess then!

But he wouldn't, and I was stuck with only a +38 Steely Polished Lance.
      All syllogisms have three parts.
      Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Hm, I am not sure if I am keen on a game where magic literally overflows. Maybe the shininess is fun for a bit, before it wears off.

FB,

Fix your hyperlink. Right now there's a space between the end of the "." and the rest of the IRL.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

fixed
          Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
          ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Quote from the site's info on the game:
            "Progress Quest belongs to a new breed of "fire and forget" RPG's. There is no need to interact with Progress Quest at all; it will make progress with you or without you."

Isn't that just Dungeon Siege?

I'll stick to Statbuilder I think.
            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Just open it up once a day to see where 'your' character is at...
              Yay, the joy...
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Couldn't get to Statbuilder. Can't tell if it is good or bad.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                X