No announcement yet.

PIRATES - microprose!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...Not only that, the daughters of the governors didn't give information to married men. So, I didn't get married until the end of the game...and then only to a total babe. That brought me the most points.

Comment

I think you should rather read it as "married". The gouvernor's daughters part seems to bit a little unrealistic to me. Ahem

Comment

Still all it really did was add to your end game rank(and to my mind my characters prestige!), along with all the other bits and pieces. I really liked that aspect of the game. I don't think i ever got much higher than a Tavern keeper! Even after one massive game where i basically turned the caribian english! Maybe to be politically correct a new version of Pirates should have the option to marry either the governers daughter or son! Heh even an option to choose your sex! This kind of thing really made Pirates the game it was to me. It felt like i had achieved something worth the time i'd spent playing the game.
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor
          Maybe to be politically correct a new version of Pirates should have the option to marry either the governers daughter or son! Heh even an option to choose your sex!
          I could go for that.
          You're a man- you can be replaced.

Comment

I loved Pirates!!!!

I used to live in that game on the C64.

COT:

I used to get King's Advisor all the time. The only way I could do it is get all 4 nations to Duke, get married to a hot chick, and do all the Ten Great Quests.

Comment

Hey Dale,
              nice to see ya here! and know you were a pirate-aholic too! Man it just eat-up months of playing for me, a very good game. I had an Atari800 around the time it came out on C64, and it was never released on that platform - had to wait till i got an Amiga to try it out. The Amiga version was much tougher than the PC for some reason(?). It was such a great concept and almost flawless in action. What i would give for a proper update. More ship types, more tactical angle(like 'Cutthroats' tried to do), a bigger area to ply ones trade.The ability to set-up your own pirate towns(like Henry Morgan used to do!). The potential scope for this game makes me(nearly) want to cut off a leg and get some sailing in. I guess for those of us who loved this game more than our girlfriends at the time we can hope maybe Sid has this on a back-burner somewhere. See you back in CTP2 sometime - i'm going to download your latest version of WAW very soon
              'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

I guess for those of us who loved this game more than our girlfriends at the time we can hope maybe Sid has this on a back-burner somewhere.
                Dunno about girlfriends, I was only about 10 at the time.

See you back in CTP2 sometime - i'm going to download your latest version of WAW very soon
                Speaking of which, I played a game last weekend where I was between two Evil Genius's. OUCH!!!!! Pity they decided to use my nation as the ground for banging each other's heads!

Comment

Working...
                X