Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultima... Anyone still play any of them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultima... Anyone still play any of them?

Indeed, Ultima is a classic series of games. Shame the way it ended though.

Does anybody on Apolyton still play Ultima? And if so, which is your favourite?
    Akalabeth
    0.00%
    Ultima I
    0.00%
    Ultima II
    22.22%
    Ultima III
    0.00%
    Ultima IV
    22.22%
    Ultima V
    0.00%
    Ultima VI
    0.00%
    Ultima VII Black Gate
    33.33%
    Ultima VII Serpent Isle
    0.00%
    Ultima VIII
    0.00%
    Ultima Ascension (sorry, refuse to call it IX)
    0.00%
    Ultima Underworld I (spinoff)
    11.11%
    Ultima Underworld II (spinoff)
    11.11%
    Savage Empire (spinoff)
    0.00%
    Martian Dreams (spinoff)
    0.00%
    Other spinoffs (eg. console spinoffs)
    0.00%
    "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
    "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Bah! Why didn't you make it multiple choise poll!?!?

Well, I play sometimes U7 (Black Gate & Serpent Isle and their 'expansions' Forge of Virtue and Silver Seed).

I also used to play U4 and U5 with C64 emulator
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

I have seen about half of them, but never somehow managed to immerse myself in any of them - odd seeing that I love RPGs ...

SG[1]
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Originally posted by aaglo
        Bah! Why didn't you make it multiple choise poll!?!?
        Oops! My bad! Sorry about that.
        "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
        "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
        "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
          I have seen about half of them, but never somehow managed to immerse myself in any of them - odd seeing that I love RPGs ...

SG[1]
          Yes. Very odd. Considering Ultima has the richest plot of any RPG (excepting of course Ultima Ascension, which played more like Zelda)

Comment

I did load Ultima Underworld 1 and 2 recently but I found the graphics too crude to play them for long. The perspectives felt all wrong, with very low ceilings. I've not felt any urge to replay any of the original Ultima's for ages, although I completed II - VI and partly played VII and VIII first time around.
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

I got a Com64 emulated version of Ultima II

Comment

I love the Ultima series. I haven't played all of them. I've played through 4, 7, and 9. I've played most of 5. Some of 1, 2, 3, and 8.

I name my civs cities after Ultima cities.

Comment

I played and completed Ultimas I-V. I I-VI on a disk I bought a couple of years ago. I also have 7 and 8, but they never held my interest.

Ultima Underworld was awesome in it's time, but it probably would be a lttle dated now.

I liked Ultima II the best.
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I got pretty far in IV and VI, but I never was able to finsh them (I hated the orignal dungeon crawls... too stick-figurish)
                    *grumbles about work*

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowstrike
                      I got pretty far in IV and VI, but I never was able to finsh them (I hated the orignal dungeon crawls... too stick-figurish)
                      True, but back then there wasn't really another option.
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Wow. Black Gate still most popular so far.

My top 4:

Ultima VII BG
                        Ultima VII SI
                        Ultima IV
                        Ultima Underworld II

Comment

Working...
                        X