Baldur's Gate 2 is so good it makes me cry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dissident
    hey I remember basic D&D before advanced came out (or before anyone could afford the books )
    Basic and Advanced came out at about the same time.

I'm talking about their predecessor. Just a couple of small books that eventually became advanced.
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I thought basic came out a couple of years before advanced. But I was very young anyways. I didn't really understand most of the rules, and ignored the ones I didn't like.

There was also A dungeons and dragons board game if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
        I thought basic came out a couple of years before advanced. But I was very young anyways. I didn't really understand most of the rules, and ignored the ones I didn't like.

There was also A dungeons and dragons board game if I remember correctly.
        I loved the board game! Even got my Mother to play it!

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I'm talking about their predecessor. Just a couple of small books that eventually became advanced.

my dad still has some of those

/me wonders if he should go another round with bodhi (chapter 6) or finish off the last encounter of the Watcher's Keep first...
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I remember a blue softback A4 manual with a dragon on the front. It was called Basic D+D but i'm not sure which version of basic it was. Then things like expert appeared and it started to get complicated !
            Don't remember the boardgame but i quite enjoyed the cartoon

Comment

I bumped into the very first edition that Gygax made. It was a little white box with two small manuals and dice, and came out IIRC in the late 70's. It was mint, and asking price seemed a bit high, though I'm sure it's quite the collectors item.

Dave
              "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Working...
              X