No announcement yet.

SimCity 4 Preview on Gamespot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the look of it so far. The volcano's a nice touch.

My only real request is that they give us more room for building. Unlimited map sizes would be ideal, but I'd settle for less than that (say, 1024x1024).
    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Dalgetti
      Arcologies ? I really hated those. To the end, my city was nothing but SpaceArchologies , Fusion Powerstations, and a sqare with altering water/pump rows.
      Let us just hope they don't bring those arcologies back...Unless, they make something really special of it, so it doesn't end up with a city of only arcologies!

And those pumps...I hope they do something new to them, cuz it was annoying to use almost all beaches just to get enough water to the city
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

you know, you could buy water from other cities.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

you know, you could buy water from other cities.
          I did that all time...But I have always been wondering, were do they get all that water? Nomatter how "much" water I had, whenever I was trying to sell some of my excess water I always got a fine the next month, because I didn't have enough water...And yes, I had more than enough, because I tried once to just make a city of waterpumps/towers, meaning I had just way to much water, but still I couldn't sell enough???

Comment

I think you haven't quite realized the fact the pumps must be almost at the level of the river water for it to work.

coz I've used to support a 1mil sized city with 3-5 pumping areas , with around 10-18 pumps at each. and it worked just fiiine.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

I think you haven't quite realized the fact the pumps must be almost at the level of the river water for it to work.

coz I've used to support a 1mil sized city with 3-5 pumping areas , with around 10-18 pumps at each. and it worked just fiiine.
              Strange, cuz I did that, but still with 50 pumps as close to water as possible, it wasn't enough

And yes, I remembered to make sure there were pipes connected to them

Comment

Looks good. SimCity 3000 was a very satisfying game, though. I wonder if SC4 isn't gonna be like the WarCraft Battle Chest, which was effectively the same game with different maps, a couple of new screens, and other nominal changes. If it is, I'll stick with what I know and love.
                Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Working...
                X