Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumpgate?

Any opinions on this space-sim game?

The creators just announced an expansion for the game, and I am mildly interested in it.

I beta tested it, it was interesting but somewhat boring. Spent most of the time doing cargo runs, ect.. and although I don't play many space-sims I felt that the combat/physics engine left a bit to be desired.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I played the original Elite for months and Elite II held my attention for a considerable time despite its buggy bits. I am not too interested in a MMORPG version because there is likely to be even fewer player specific quests and the opportunity for grief players to ruin your day. Paying $10 a month to do trading runs seems silly when I've got several games where I can do that for free (Privateer 2 probably being the best of them).
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

I would say that the opinions shown so far are about right. I subscribed to this game for a three month period and found it interesting at first but soon became a bit bored by it all.
        It left me feeling a bit like V'ger in the first Star Trek movie: Is this all that I am? Is there nothing more? Oh well, on to the next MMORPG.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
          Privateer 2 probably being the best of them.
          You were able to play Privateer 2?!?!? How did you manage that???

I never could get past my first pirate attack. I wasn't strong enough to fight them off or fast enough to outrun them. So I either got blasted eventually or cheated and made myself invulnerable, which meant the battle went on indefinitely.

I thought it was the worst game I ever tried to play!

Comment

Working...
          X