Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of the game "Black & White"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of the game "Black & White"?

This is totally off-topic but I figure many of us have similar outlooks when it comes to gaming. I'm thinking of buying the game "Black & White". Do you play it, have an opinion, good or bad? Your opinion matters to me because, as I say, if we like Civ 3, chances are many of us will have similar feelings toward other games.

Thanks.
    Jack

TIP:

Go to the off topic forum.

(or wait to be moved )

AJ
    " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
    - emperor level all time
    - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

Actually, the "other games" forum would be more appropriate, and is probably where this will end up.

Comment

I have played it, you will enjoy the graphics and the interactivity, but that will only last for a couple of days, because once you actually start playing you suddenly get sick and tired of it, because there is a LOT of work involved rather than playing. Infact the whole damn game is designed to make you work hard and you don't actually get to do anything yourself. Far too many restrictions and not enough freedom.
        be free

Comment

Exactly as Snoopy put it. First week is amazing, but after you get over the newness it will end up an expensive book end.

Comment

And this still isn't moved? I have heard a lot of bad things about Black and White.
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

What do I think about 'Black & White'?

It's crap.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

It seemed pretty neat, but it was using half my hard drive, at the time, so after a week, it found its way off my hard drive, and that was that.
                "For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

<p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I love Black and White. It continually surprises me. My biggest complaint is that the campaign only has 5 levels. Another problem is that it likes to randomly crash. This has been reported by many people. The crashes happen the most on the upper levels, so lengthy autosaves are a necessary evil.

If you can find it on sale, I highly recommend it.
                    "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                    —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

If you can't find someone who will pay you to take it, I wouldn't recommend it.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I'm not slandering anyone, but it certainly doesn't surprise me that a bunch of wargaming grognards don't appreciate the sublime pastoral ambiance of B&W.
                        "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                        —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Originally posted by MosesPresley
                          I'm not slandering anyone, but it certainly doesn't surprise me that a bunch of wargaming grognards don't appreciate the sublime pastoral ambiance of B&W.
                          My tastes aren't limited to wargaming, I play games from just about every genre.
                          I was extremely excited about Black & White prior to it's release - but was also extremely disapointed with the heap of garbage it turned out to be.

It's "amazing" and "ground breaking" AI that they hyped up so much is crap the creature is dumb as a rock and you can only teach it pre-designated things.

It's gameplay is no better, it's like they designed a "sand box" god-sim and then threw in some lame attempt at a RTS when they realised that it wouldn't rake in the big bucks - the result is a very short, simple, boring, and all around lame game design.
                          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Just another installment in Populous with the creature added.

Not really that exciting.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Don't be unkind to Populous. Now that was a ground breaking, innovative and addictive game whe it first came out. I played that and Powermonger for months. I'd probably still play them both occasionally today if my Atari St hadn't gone to silicon heaven.
                              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                              H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
                              X