There's something about MOM...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's something about MOM...

I just can't get enough of Master of Magic... That game really sweeps the floors with Civ and Smac... IMHO it is propably the best strategy game ever. And propably there never will be better TBS-game. That game was the ultimate pinnacle of TBS, and it's been all downhill since then...

Does anyone agree / disagree ?
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

I don't know about all downhill. Since then the genre has taken off, producing many lemons and possibly giving the appearance of going downhill, along with a few gems.
    I still like civ2/ToT more than anything else, due to the absolutely immense variety of scenarios etc out there, but MoM is certainly right up there with them I'll grant you.

Comment

Couldn't agree more...Mom with a graphics update would be a runaway best seller, IMO...classic gaming!

But just you wait....a little birdie told me there's a TBS game in the works to keep yer eyes on.....

-=Vel=-
      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

yes I have heard something similar.

Comment

they should rerelease MOM and make it Win9x compatible,
          or they should make MOM2
          My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

I also think this is the best TBS I have played.

Vel, could you be a lttle more specific? Or is Alan Emerich up to something?
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
              Vel, could you be a lttle more specific? Or is Alan Emerich up to something?
              Heh heh. Methinks he wasn't referring to the esteemed Mr Emerich but rather to the almost-as-esteemed Corporation (no doubt soon-to-be-Megacorporation ) of Velocigames Inc. Esq. Pty. Ltd. (and probably a whole lot of other suffixes too - whatever they might all mean ).
              I don't have much of a "feel" for what the final product is going to look like but they seem to have all of the right parts and a number of good people. It'll be a matter of putting them all together the right way. Its looking pretty good so far though ...

Do a search through older threads in this forum with a 'Candle' in the title ...

Comment

Originally posted by Velociryx

But just you wait....a little birdie told me there's a TBS game in the works to keep yer eyes on.....

-=Vel=-
                the Vel marketing machine is really moving into top gear now.

how many random threads have you mentioned the project in now, mate?

thread-jacking at its finest.
                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Who me? I would NEVER thread-jack! LOL...ermmmm...okay, almost never...

But that's just what the little birdie told me....really...honest....

-=Vel=-
                  The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

And btw, Ravagon....thank you.... My fingers are firmly crossed!

-=Vel=-
                    (note to self: remember to uncross fingers when typing....too big a hit to speed otherwise)

Comment

What?????

A game like MOM!!!

Where can one find such a cool game!

R:PM
                      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X