Pokemon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pokemon

Don't laugh. Behind all the marketing hype and way-too-cute little critters, there's a game with a lot of depth. I got sucked in by helping my son negotiate his Pokemon Silver game on his Gameboy. Now I'm plodding through a game on my own. This game has a lot of the attributes I like: a huge number of paths to victory, exploration, making the most of limited resources, and a wealth of strategies and counter-strategies. I've seen several polls on "most anticipated game of 2002/2003"; I'd have to say it's Pokemon Advance for me.

The games are actually pretty good...what got me was everything else that went with it. I worked at Software Etc. during the whole "1999 Pokemon craze"... sheesh, I was about to snap if asked again about the cards, or action figures, or whatever else...

Comment

The games are actually quite good, but I've never been patient enough to play one through to the end. The last experience levels you need to beat the bosses are very, very hard to get and I just didn't have the time to put into it.
      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Working...
      X