No announcement yet.

It's FALLOUT 3!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll only buy it if Richard Dean Anderson has a voice-over role in it, like he did in one of the other Fallout games.
    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
      That sucks, I actually only started and finished Fallout 1 & 2 within the last two month's. They were in a dual box a Target for $9.99 US.

They are great games with unfortunately little replay value.
      Unless you played Fallout 2 with one of the better walkthroughs by your side there ought to be a fair amount of replay value if you like the game. There's the major choice of trying to play through as a martial artist, scientist, thief or smooth talker if you were a gunslinger type first time. On the minor side you can try out the different ways of dealing with the mob bosses since you can only do one of the four 'final' quests from them per game - and then experiment with the different ways of assassinating them . There's also lots of other stuff like this, where one way of dealing with a problem will open up other small game options. Its not going to alter the course of the main plot but I do rate it as one of the best RPG games because of these small details.

Glad to see something is finally happening with Fallout again. If it really is going to be a Final Fantasy style game then I'll be glad its going to consoles instead of the PC.
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

As for replay value, my avatar shows I love fallout. But I did find the replay value a bit limited. It still has some replay value mind you, but not as much as other games like civ2. I tried playing as a melee or HTH type character, but I found myself drifting into the guns mode. I like guns, what can I say. My avatar shows that. And I like shotguns .

I probably will end up playing them again after I finish my game of baldur's gate 2 Expansion. That depends on if I get any new games that may eventually come out like neverwinter nights.

Is this game only going to console? Or is it going to console and PC?

Comment

I have avatars etc disabled. One day I'll switch them on to see what it is

The speculation I read linked it strongly to being developed for the console market (its just so much bigger, so a good game will make money, while in the PC market good games can still not ship enough units to be profitable and only the smash releases and cheap budget titles fund the rest.) If it appears on the PC at all, it is likely to be a direct port. I suspect they may see how well it is received before deciding to port or not. If the dedicated Fallout fans hate the new direction, they won't bother.
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

Damn Fallout 3, would have been a lot cooler. But I'm buying a PS2 soon, I enjoyed the little I played of Dark Alliance on my friends PS2. It won't be no fallout but It will probably be fun.

They won't bother to port it. I'd think.
            Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

I was afraid this would happen.

In fact I see a lot of the better "smaller" games becoming this way. I'm afraid that many gaming companies will stop programming games for the PC. Fallout was successful, but never highly successful like the Sims or something. Damn piracy doesn't help either.

I'm starting to think the golden age of computer games has passed. Many companies seem to be making either RTS games, big online games, or games like the Sims that are popular with a wide demographic, and of course shooter games. Specialty games like futuristic RPG's are going to suffer I'm afraid.

But with any luck this will be temporary, and an up and coming gaming company will program another great game like Fallout.

Comment

i still have hope for static, did anyone download the 2nd demo?
                Static games are an important concept in game theory, and many real-world situations can be modeled as static games.
                <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

looks like it's not fallout 3 after all, it's not even based on the fallout universe.

from www.nma-fallout.com
                  Hehe...I found this little baby:
                  Q: Is that game that was rumored to be Fallout Fantasy?
                  A: Lionheart's temporary name was in fact Fallout Fantasy. So it was quite amusing to us when it was rumored to be a hack-n-slash PS2 game set in a post apocolyptic world with spells. It was called Fallout Fantasy just because that was a simple title that implied it used the SPECIAL system in a medieval setting. The presidential naming system was put in place by JE and only refers to titles developed in-house.
                  Now where did that PS2 title go ?
                  and the news about lionheart

The unannounced project Interplay/Black Isle was working on is called "Lionheart" (reminds me of a movie...), here's the story:
                  It is 1588 A.D., a critical year of an alternate history hauntingly familiar yet fantastically alien to our own. Because of one fateful event during the Third Crusade, the history of this world diverged. This event, the Disjunction, ripped open a long-sealed breach to other worlds. Magic energy and powerful spirits flowed into the world, changing the lands and the people forever. For those who could comprehend the nature of these new forces, the introduction of magic brought great power. To the common folk, magic was something to be feared and undoubtedly the handiwork of evil demons. People across Europe sought protection from the forces of evil and therefore relinquished utter control of their lives to the Inquisition. To this day, the Inquisition still governs most of civilized Europe, directly or indirectly. In their relentless hunt for heretical wizards and magical creatures the Inquisition inspires awe and faith among many, and is dispised and feared by others. This widespread disparity, continued suspicion of wizards and witches and all things magical, and the constant threat from all manner of beasts cast a shadow over civilization, stunting the Renaissance and keeping the people in an enduring Dark Age.

Cast into this world, you are a character of your own devices, strengths, and abilities. Set upon by human factions and powerful spirits, you must decide how to best develop your skills in order to triumph over obstacles that lie between you and your true fate.
                  And some of the features:
                  Incredible story taking place on a historical divergent Earth during what should be the renaissance after a mystical cataclysm has occurred.

SPECIAL rules system (from Fallout 1 & 2) adapted to a real-time fantasy setting - including 30 skills, 40 perks, and 15 traits.

Classless system allows the user to customize their character however they want as they advance to as high as 60th level.

Eight major areas of the world contain over 80 levels that range from pure story and dialogue areas to pure combat challenges.

Fast paced combat in a rich and detailed world where dialogue interaction and story play equally large roles.

Characters in the world that can join your party and fight for and with you.

Cooperative multi-player allows as many as four friends to play through the single player game.

A random item generator allows the player to find literally thousands of different weapons and items.

Beautiful 2D rendered backgrounds with 3D characters allows for maximum beauty and frame rate.

Four different player races.

Over fifty enemies to challenge your combat and spell-casting abilities.

Over thirty spells that evolve and grow with as your characters' abilities increase.

Simple and intuitive gameplay with a clean interface.
                  Blargh, wasn't quite what I hoped for but then again I never believed BIS was working on FO3.. Wonder what's with the Diablo font in the game...
                  <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                  Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Hmm, that sounds exactly like the now-cancelled TORN except for the background plot, i.e. realtime fantasy with the SPECIAL system.

I still think this is a good thing. If any new game comes out centred on the SPECIAL system and proves a commercial success it raises the odds that Fallout 3 will appear in some form in the future. I don't want it to be designed for a console but if that the only way they can get the sales they need, its better than being obstinate and pushing for a PC orientated game that will never get past the planning stage.
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

just got done with fallout1. It's nice after I haven't played in a while. But I still remember too much. But many things I have forgotten which made it fresh.

I did a fairly peaceful approach at the end. I still killed a lot of things mind you. But I had already wasted all the people/mutants at the cathedral and military base before, so I didn't do that this time.

Comment

Working...
                      X